Sky TV retention deals, what have you been offered?

Posted 26th Oct 2018
My subscription is about to expire at the end of the month. I've been offered Sky Entertainment, HD and boxsets for £17 a month.

Or should I ask for Sky Q, I don't have a 4K TV at the moment.

Is this a good deal, or does anyone had a better offer? Such as including movies?

I just want to know about Sky TV packages, as I currently have my internet through virgin, and have a good deal on 350mb and phone line.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
Thing is with retention deals, everyone gets offered something different - better than some & worse than some.

I pay £11 for Sky + & the Entertainment pack. That's it. No HD, no box sets etc but I'm happy with that.
Edited by: "Gollywood" 26th Oct 2018
I have Sky Q and a mini box for £26 per month on a 12 month contract, made up of the following :

Sky Entertainment £11
Sky Kids addon £1
HD Addon £1
Boxsets £1
Mini box £12
35802703-479Gz.jpgI pay £38 for tv for everything including all hd and soorts hd
35802703-Bu7vO.jpgand £23 a month for fibre broadband unlimiteD total £61
Deleted_26/10/2018 21:15

[Image] I pay £38 for tv for everything including all hd and soorts …[Image] I pay £38 for tv for everything including all hd and soorts hd[Image] and £23 a month for fibre broadband unlimiteD total £61

How the heck did you get that lol
Check the 75% off thread in misc, it’s reguarl updated but sadly 75% is long gone.

[Image] I pay £38 for tv for everything including all hd and soorts …[Image] I pay £38 for tv for everything including all hd and soorts hd[Image] and £23 a month for fibre broadband unlimiteD total £61

Is that sky q?
nothingmuch7 h, 5 m ago

Is that sky q?

No i dont want sky Q. Thats how they have you by the b*****s if you get that. The equipment is leased. I dont need to record 4 or 6 programmes at once
Gollywood26/10/2018 17:10

Thing is with retention deals, everyone gets offered something different - …Thing is with retention deals, everyone gets offered something different - better than some & worse than some.I pay £11 for Sky + & the Entertainment pack. That's it. No HD, no box sets etc but I'm happy with that.

Thats why I thought about asking the community, not to get exactly what someone else, but just a general idea of the price ranges people have been offered.

£11 doesn't seem to bad, but I would miss some HD channels.

Thanks for the reply though
Edited by: "peter1969uk" 27th Oct 2018
_-Richie-_15 h, 28 m ago

I have Sky Q and a mini box for £26 per month on a 12 month contract, made …I have Sky Q and a mini box for £26 per month on a 12 month contract, made up of the following :Sky Entertainment £11Sky Kids addon £1HD Addon £1Boxsets £1Mini box £12

Do you have to pay extra for the 4k or the 2tb box?

Sky trip people off with the HD charge, its a standard feature on tv's.
peter1969uk27/10/2018 09:23

Thats why I thought about asking the community, not to get exactly what …Thats why I thought about asking the community, not to get exactly what someone else, but just a general idea of the price ranges people have been offered.£11 doesn't seem to bad, but I would miss some HD channels.Thanks for the reply though

I see some great deals on here from Sky but when I ring up or try chat, they aren't willing to offer them.

I'd love full HD. Can't believe it isn't included as standard and I refuse to pay what I regard OTT rates for it
Edited by: "Gollywood" 27th Oct 2018
Gollywood42 m ago

I see some great deals on here from Sky but when I ring up or try chat, …I see some great deals on here from Sky but when I ring up or try chat, they aren't willing to offer them.I'd love full HD. Can't believe it isn't included as standard and I refuse to pay what I regard OTT rates for it

I hate Sky, I like the channel choice and I believe the picture quality is better than Virgin. These companies are just their to take your money, its not about the experience or quality. They are just generating revenue for themselves. Thats why they have so many packages now. I remember when your choices were basic Sky, than add either Movies or Sport. Much simpler also cheaper, as when you add all the packages together it costs more than the original prices.
I pay £32 a month for everything except sports.
35817717-wxyqa.jpg

markymids28/10/2018 00:13

I pay £32 a month for everything except sports. [Image]

What would the price be without multiform? as their must be a Sky Q charge.
peter1969uk5 h, 0 m ago

What would the price be without multiform? as their must be a Sky Q charge.

I pay £12 for the Sky Q Multiscreen
£10 for Sky Cinema
£10 for Sky Entertainment

I haggled & got the HD, Kids & Boxsets free for 18 months.

If I hadn't taken Sky Q Multiscreen it would be £20 a month.
Edited by: "markymids" 29th Oct 2018
eslick26/10/2018 23:38

Check the 75% off thread in misc, it’s reguarl updated but sadly 75% is l …Check the 75% off thread in misc, it’s reguarl updated but sadly 75% is long gone.

Do you have a link for this thread? Cant see it. Tia
Recently renegotiated our to package and got:
Sky Plus
Entertainment
Box Sets
Kids
Cinema
Sports
All HD
for £37pm

Previous deal was coming to an end at around £43pm (they wanted to increase it to about £51pm) so was chuffed to reduce costs even more than I was payin! And I even got them to waive the £10 admin fee on the advice of people on the retentions thread on hukd!

Our broadband is Fibre unlimited and paying £28.99pm I think. Although, that's up for renewal so will soon be renegotiating that soon (also hoping they up us to sky fibre max unlimited for free too as I've seems that's in the pipeline for lots of areas)
Edited by: "Suzannzan" 12th Nov 2018
Suzannzan12/11/2018 20:44

Recently renegotiated our to package and got:Sky PlusEntertainmentBox …Recently renegotiated our to package and got:Sky PlusEntertainmentBox SetsKids CinemaSportsAll HD for £37pmPrevious deal was coming to an end at around £43pm (they wanted to increase it to about £51pm) so was chuffed to reduce costs even more than I was payin! And I even got them to waive the £10 admin fee on the advice of people on the retentions thread on hukd!Our broadband is Fibre unlimited and paying £28.99pm I think. Although, that's up for renewal so will soon be renegotiating that soon (also hoping they up us to sky fibre max unlimited for free too as I've seems that's in the pipeline for lots of areas)

I managed to get all that, except sports for £26.
Suzannzan52 s ago

Good deal!

Not bad, its just shame I'm not home to enjoy it.
Anyone get a good offer by returning to Sky? I've been with Bt and virgin for the past 18 months and I'm thinking of moving back to Sky if I can get a good deal.

Does anyone have a good recent experience?
I got offer from retention team

Entertainment - £17
Kids - £1
HD - £1
Offer activation charge - £10
12 Months

Haven't agreed yet, I am sure can better offer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants