Sky TV v's Virgin Media!!

i am currently on SKY with the entertainment 6 mix ( no sports/movies ) unltd B/band and Sky Talk.. i want sky+HD but unwilling to pay for it - am a tight yorkshireman !

should i stump up or go to Virgin?? opinions please

10 Comments

Try phoning sky and asking for a deal, they can sometimes be pretty good. I managed to get the HD box, free install and free HD pack for 12 months a while back, there was a thread about it on here somewhere.....

Might also be worth mentioning that you're thinking about Virgin aswell...

If you want HD channels...stick with Sky and pay the extra. If your wanting just the plus benefits (pause/rewind etc.)...i'd say Virgin as can record 2 channels at same time whilst watching another.

In my opinion sky is far better and worth paying the extra £10 for.
I have had Virgin in past but not with V+ but will still go with Sky anyday

Tight git :whistling:

As above, if you care about HD then it has to be Sky.

Original Poster

civms47;8635762

Try phoning sky and asking for a deal, they can sometimes be pretty good. … Try phoning sky and asking for a deal, they can sometimes be pretty good. I managed to get the HD box, free install and free HD pack for 12 months a while back, there was a thread about it on here somewhere.....Might also be worth mentioning that you're thinking about Virgin aswell...

i have a bit of a neck so i may try that!

Original Poster

darren9030;8635775

Tight git :whistling::p

as said - i am a yorkshireman and we like owt for nowt

Original Poster

i have sky protection insurance - could always break my box and get a free HD box and have the free HD channels.. lol god i am tight ha ha

arcangel111;8635903

i have sky protection insurance - could always break my box and get a … i have sky protection insurance - could always break my box and get a free HD box and have the free HD channels.. lol god i am tight ha ha

True...if anything like the sky warranty company I worked for as a Team Leader if we knew the box was broken we would just send a refurb one and let you 'throw' away the old one. Although we only replaced like for like. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

they give you a sky+HD box now if you're old sky+ is broken - you just have to pay the subscription costs for the other HD channels
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1723
    2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it11
    3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News99
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33199

See more discussions