Groups

sky tv without the cables

Hi, I have sky tv in my living room and I want to move the television set to the other side of the room. Is there any way of doing this without having to trail the cables across the room? I don't want to start tearing up the floorboards either. Is there a wireless transmitter I could buy or something like that? Thanks in advance

8 Comments

There was a wireless transmitter, awful, can't you just run the cables around the skirting? Or hide it in conduit,

You're going to need a wireless hdmi transmitter.
    I don't know much about them myself . But a wireless signal could be interfered by mobile signals as well as wifi signals from routers etc. Probably not enough to cause much issue but should be considered when purchasing.

How far? I've picked up some stupidly long hdmi cables for cheap and they worked at PC resolutions.

As Popolou suggested a long HDMI cable would be a better bet, even better bet would be to extend the COAX cables and hide them in some conduit (or take the cables back outside and extend them externally)

Or just install a new cable from dish to the wall where the TV now resides? Unscrew the old from the lnb, screw in the new.

Uridium

As Popolou suggested a long HDMI cable would be a better bet, even better … As Popolou suggested a long HDMI cable would be a better bet, even better bet would be to extend the COAX cables and hide them in some conduit (or take the cables back outside and extend them externally)

Exactly the same options I'd also come up with.
    Pops

Best to run a new cable from the dish.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware37
      2. Bathroom suites12
      3. Unfair Dismissal22
      4. Ap on iPhone ios1144

See more discussions