Sky Ultrafast 1 Broadband, Sky Boost and Sky Anytime Calls for £27pm (18m contract). Total Cost: £486

Posted 9th Jan
Just gave Sky a call after chatting to my existing provider, Plusnet, who couldn't match any of the other deals on comparison sites. Sky offered me their super-dooper Sky Ultrafast 1 Broadband (minimum 100mb download, est. 133mb to 145mb download), Sky Boost (Guaranteed WiFi in every room) and Sky Anytime Calls (didn't want it but apparently adding it to the package bizarrely dropped the price from £32pm to £27pm).

3385167.jpg
3385167.jpg

The said that there is no charge for the equipment as they technically own it (if there are any issues with the Hub, they'll sort it out) and there is no installation fees (got an engineer coming out the 24th Jan to upgrade the lines).
Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
Hi @st500
We've moved this over to Discussions as this is a targetted offer. Different people get different prices and offers and therefore not available to all
Slightly worried now, I think this is fibre to the house rather than fibre to the cabinet. Does this mean that Sky are going to dig up my drive way to install this? Anybody had any experience with Sky?
st50009/01/2020 21:49

Slightly worried now, I think this is fibre to the house rather than fibre …Slightly worried now, I think this is fibre to the house rather than fibre to the cabinet. Does this mean that Sky are going to dig up my drive way to install this? Anybody had any experience with Sky?

Hi this is fibre to the cabinet which has the new G.Fast technology installed hense why you can get the faster speeds. I'm awaiting install on the 20/01 for the same deal. P.s they will not be digging up anything
ilikedeals2109/01/2020 22:00

Hi this is fibre to the cabinet which has the new G.Fast technology …Hi this is fibre to the cabinet which has the new G.Fast technology installed hense why you can get the faster speeds. I'm awaiting install on the 20/01 for the same deal. P.s they will not be digging up anything

Thanks for the quick response and for clarifying. Just did a quick Google of "G.Fast" and I'm pretty amazed about how speeds are increased through copper wires.
Is there anyway of finding out when G.Fast will be installed for my post code?
Craig201810/01/2020 06:48

Is there anyway of finding out when G.Fast will be installed for my post …Is there anyway of finding out when G.Fast will be installed for my post code?

You can if you go on Sky's website and click on check compatibility.

sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/ultrafast-broadband/

This will allow them to test the lines and let you know for sure if it's do-able. They did the same thing also over the phone with them.
Edited by: "st500" 10th Jan
Mine is coming up £32 with boost, how can I get it for £27 with boost?
Online mine now comes up at £54
Didn't know Sky did G-fast at all. This is by far the cheapest I have seen G-fast what a bargain.
Just brought this without boost £27 a month
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions