Sky Ultrafast 149mbps + Anytime calls £27PM at Sky Digital

Posted 5th Jan
Personally think this is a bargain for people that carnt get virgin.

Sky ultrafast 1 speeds upto 149mbps with a garantee of 100mbps for £27PM including anytime calls.

Got this for my parents who currently pay £33pm to now tv for 40mbps.

P.s I am logged I to my own online account so you may have to do the same to get the same deal.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Gollywood05/01/2020 15:18

So it might be account specific?

This is going to be very account specific. First you have to live in an area where FTTH /FTTP is avaliable rather than just the usual standard of FTTC. Difference being FTTH is fiber to your door like virgin where as FTTC is only to your local BT cabinet and the last part comes down your old copper cable which can't handle the faster speeds.
84 Comments

Might be.... but just checked my own account and showing available also.
I assume this is fibre ?
I currently pay £27 for the Superfast, wish Ultrafast was available in my area!

This is going to be very account specific. First you have to live in an area where FTTH /FTTP is avaliable rather than just the usual standard of FTTC. Difference being FTTH is fiber to your door like virgin where as FTTC is only to your local BT cabinet and the last part comes down your old copper cable which can't handle the faster speeds.
Can u include a picture with the price and which broadband package u r referring to. Could use it on online chat to get them to match deal
Edited by: "Classix440" 5th Jan
Classix44005/01/2020 15:39

Can u include a picture with the price and which broadband package u r …Can u include a picture with the price and which broadband package u r referring to. Could use it on online chat to get them to match deal

39596515-nxSn4.jpg
Not in my area either
Bargain.... Let me check if Its available
£32 a month for me
Nex05/01/2020 15:39

This is going to be very account specific. First you have to live in an …This is going to be very account specific. First you have to live in an area where FTTH /FTTP is avaliable rather than just the usual standard of FTTC. Difference being FTTH is fiber to your door like virgin where as FTTC is only to your local BT cabinet and the last part comes down your old copper cable which can't handle the faster speeds.

Yep. I rang the other day and they told me I’d go from 34 meg guaranteed to 39 meg. Told them to keep it.
cant see this offer !
I can get FTTH with up to 1gbs via other providers as listed on openreach. However sky ultrafast is not available to me. Guessing they haven't updated their kit in the exchanges here in Edinburgh? Im tempted to switch from virgin when my contract ends these FTTH should bring better upload speeds vs virgin, which would attract me more than an extra 100 down .
Edited by: "Mars104" 5th Jan
Is this g.fast too? Currently paying £40 a month with talk talk for 150mb.
Skybles05/01/2020 15:58

£32 a month for me

Take broadband boost out of the basket which will take it to 27
Good price if its available in your area. Unfortunately not at my postcode in Stoke-on-Trent though
Is Sky reliable? I recall they had a national outage a month or two ago.
Edited by: "Hosie09" 5th Jan
Hosie0905/01/2020 16:54

Is Sky reliable? I recall they had a national outage a month or two ago.

Ive got 37 down 10 up with them and it's exactly them speeds, never goes down. Shame i cant get any higher
I got ultrafast from sky on black Friday for £22 a month. Calls on this are voip. And I can't get sky talk shield to work anymore 😞
Mars10405/01/2020 16:30

I can get FTTH with up to 1gbs via other providers as listed on …I can get FTTH with up to 1gbs via other providers as listed on openreach. However sky ultrafast is not available to me. Guessing they haven't updated their kit in the exchanges here in Edinburgh? Im tempted to switch from virgin when my contract ends these FTTH should bring better upload speeds vs virgin, which would attract me more than an extra 100 down .

Because BT/Openreach are paying to install a lot of the new equipment they're restricting other providers servicing them for a specific amount of time in some areas.

This is going to be very account specific. First you have to live in an …This is going to be very account specific. First you have to live in an area where FTTH /FTTP is avaliable rather than just the usual standard of FTTC. Difference being FTTH is fiber to your door like virgin where as FTTC is only to your local BT cabinet and the last part comes down your old copper cable which can't handle the faster speeds.

Why does Virgin have this capability but sky doesn't? As I've FTTh with virgin before but sky don't do?

Most virgin connections are not fibre to the house.
vpacalypse05/01/2020 17:19

Why does Virgin have this capability but sky doesn't? As I've FTTh with …Why does Virgin have this capability but sky doesn't? As I've FTTh with virgin before but sky don't do?

Virgin use there own separate network that's completely different to BT'S
Horrorwood05/01/2020 17:22

Most virgin connections are not fibre to the house.

Sorry yes your right it's coax from the cabinet if I remember right.

Well seeing as not all Virgin connections are n fibre to the house then this is false.
If you have Virgin Media broadband, the lines between the exchange and your street cabinet are fibre optic, but between the cabinet and your home is a coaxial cable. ... That's how Virgin Media can offer average speeds of 362Mb
s_hayhurst05/01/2020 17:33

Well seeing as not all Virgin connections are n fibre to the house then …Well seeing as not all Virgin connections are n fibre to the house then this is false.If you have Virgin Media broadband, the lines between the exchange and your street cabinet are fibre optic, but between the cabinet and your home is a coaxial cable. ... That's how Virgin Media can offer average speeds of 362Mb

Yes my mistake was just pointed out to me and I just corrected myself.
cheaper than my virgin 100mb package with calls.

heat
For £27 per month this is a bargain considering free calls. It will cost £28+ for Vodafone Superfast2 and calls, the speed will be nowhere are fast as this one and Vodafone has some of the best prices, so don't think you'll get better. I can get up to 74mbps for £29, so Vodafone cheaper or the same. Shame is not all over the country. Voted hot!
Edited by: "sheffield788" 5th Jan
Looks like Only Available for skytv customers .showing as £39 for me
Not available for me

This may not be FTTP/FTTH. G.Fast is fed over the current copper network but you have to be fairly close to the cabinet in order to be able to get it. Granted the cabinet also has to be G.Fast enabled too.
This is available at my address, no Virgin / Hyperoptic etc in the neighbourhood. I am currently with BT who is offering it at £40 per month and a 2-yr contract (standard terms, nothing special for existing customers) while TalkTalk was at £28 until Dec 31 for a 18-mth contract (don't know if they have raised it). I am not currently a Sky customer and they are asking for £39 for a 18-mth contract. I am leery of TalkTalk as they don't have a consistent performance in my area and would jump to Sky if they dropped the price below £30.
Nex05/01/2020 17:33

Sorry yes your right it's coax from the cabinet if I remember right.

Can sky not do coax too then & offer the faster speeds. ATM, they only do telephone wire to my property.
vpacalypse05/01/2020 18:28

Can sky not do coax too then & offer the faster speeds. ATM, they only do …Can sky not do coax too then & offer the faster speeds. ATM, they only do telephone wire to my property.

Unfortunately Sky, Talktalk, EE, Plusnet all use BT'S network in the majority of areas. So unfortunately it's BT that would have to replace the cables and if they were going to do that I expect that they would replace them with fibre cables rather then coax now.
vpacalypse05/01/2020 18:28

Can sky not do coax too then & offer the faster speeds. ATM, they only do …Can sky not do coax too then & offer the faster speeds. ATM, they only do telephone wire to my property.

Sky are in talks with liberty global (virgins media parent conpany) to be using the virgin network .have a read Sky/virgin

This makes sense as sky will be using broadband to supply tv services from 2020 and at some point make there satellite dish obsolete
Edited by: "ilikedeals21" 5th Jan
ilikedeals2105/01/2020 18:38

Sky are in talks with liberty global (virgins media parent conpany) to be …Sky are in talks with liberty global (virgins media parent conpany) to be using the virgin network .have a read Sky/virginThis makes sense as sky will be using broadband to supply tv services from 2020 and at some point make there satellite dish obsolete

I can't see that happening myself just seems to much of a conflict of interest there. Sky built there own network not far from me in Swadlincote and then pulled the plug on it leaving users screwed untill apparently Virgin ended up taking it over.
bozo00705/01/2020 18:15

This is available at my address, no Virgin / Hyperoptic etc in the …This is available at my address, no Virgin / Hyperoptic etc in the neighbourhood. I am currently with BT who is offering it at £40 per month and a 2-yr contract (standard terms, nothing special for existing customers) while TalkTalk was at £28 until Dec 31 for a 18-mth contract (don't know if they have raised it). I am not currently a Sky customer and they are asking for £39 for a 18-mth contract. I am leery of TalkTalk as they don't have a consistent performance in my area and would jump to Sky if they dropped the price below £30.

Same here. Being offered the service for £39. Was hoping it was just under £30.
Nex05/01/2020 18:48

I can't see that happening myself just seems to much of a conflict of …I can't see that happening myself just seems to much of a conflict of interest there. Sky built there own network not far from me in Swadlincote and then pulled the plug on it leaving users screwed untill apparently Virgin ended up taking it over.

To be honest looks like a strong possibility. Liberty fibre is being Introduced in the uk to take on openreach as they practically have a monopoly in the uk.

Bt themselves are quote concerned loosing sky Bt/sky
Jonathann05/01/2020 18:13

This may not be FTTP/FTTH. G.Fast is fed over the current copper network …This may not be FTTP/FTTH. G.Fast is fed over the current copper network but you have to be fairly close to the cabinet in order to be able to get it. Granted the cabinet also has to be G.Fast enabled too.

It isn't FTTP just yet, they said they would launch ultrafast with G.fast only for now, with FTTP following shortly after.

I have FTTP and the ultrafast product is unavailable to me.

About time another major player started offering FTTP though. BT is expensive and has basically zero competition.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants