Groups

Sky viewing card

Does anybody get any message on screen lately when watching tv, says that need to replace new viewing card. do i need to do anything, fill a form or call them? or they will sent it to me themselves. do i have to pay? thanks

19 Comments

no they will send you one i got mine la\st week

They will send it out free of charge, we got ours last week, you don't need to do anything although might be worth giving them a call in case they sent it and it has got lost in post!

they might not send it, op doesnt say if is on a subscription or not. if you arent subbing go to

errr mysky.sky.com/rep…rd/ i think is correct, then type your card number in and it will tell you if you have to pay £20 (if your not subbing)

I get a message like that when the lil one has been messing with the machine pulling the card out etc. Make sure your card is pushed in properly.

If you're with sky HD you msy still be waiting for the new digital card update thing... we got ours a week or so ago.

HTH xx

Banned

The message displayed on my screen says "Please enjoy your free sky service".

guv;6475926

The message displayed on my screen says "Please enjoy your free sky … The message displayed on my screen says "Please enjoy your free sky service".

lol, ... You know I'm incredibly suggestible and I'm gonna believe that... right?

I got mine new card a month or so ago but misplaced it:oops: Then got this msg on my screen so phoned tem and said I hadn't got it and they said the'd 'reset' the tv to overwrite it and then send me another one....no more msg but no cad yet either:?

hannah19790;6475951

I got mine new card a month or so ago but misplaced it:oops: Then got … I got mine new card a month or so ago but misplaced it:oops: Then got this msg on my screen so phoned tem and said I hadn't got it and they said the'd 'reset' the tv to overwrite it and then send me another one....no more msg but no cad yet either:?

aww hun hope you get it soon...

the new way they got the programmes listed is awful though...

But then I always resent change. :oops:

Original Poster

I'm not on subscription. i only have freeview.

if your on freeview how come you getting a message to change your sky viewing card

Banned

ClarityofMind;6475933

lol, ... You know I'm incredibly suggestible and I'm gonna believe … lol, ... You know I'm incredibly suggestible and I'm gonna believe that... right?

There's no fooling you.

I've dissabled the message now, so I'm able to watch all my movies and sport on sky without that annoying message anymore.

Elves;6476011

Same here.

I got that message a month or two ago - haven't done anything about it. I used to subscribe but cancelled and just use the free to air stuff.

I don't see you having to do anything, as in my case, the message just stopped appearing.

guv;6476108

There's no fooling you.I've dissabled the message now, so I'm able to … There's no fooling you.I've dissabled the message now, so I'm able to watch all my movies and sport on sky without that annoying message anymore.

lol @ the annoying freebie ;-)

Elves;6476011

If you have " Freeview " it is not via Sky, they (Sky ) provide " FreesatfromSky ", Freeview is via a TV Aerial only.

Original Poster

madinternetuser;6476058

if your on freeview how come you getting a message to change your sky … if your on freeview how come you getting a message to change your sky viewing card

I'm on freesat

Elves;6476260

I'm on freesat

Now I'm really confused.

From your previous remarks, it seems that you're receiving the free channels via your old Sky digibox with the old Sky viewing card inserted?

Is that right?

If so, you're not getting Freeview or Freesat, but the free to air channels on Sky.

moob;6476552

If so, you're not getting Freeview or Freesat, but the free to air … If so, you're not getting Freeview or Freesat, but the free to air channels on Sky.

Correctly known as Freesatfromsky.

Freeview is via an aerial

Freesat is via a dish, nothing to do with Sky

Original Poster

sorry for the confusion, it's not freeview, it is freesat and i bought the viewing card from sky.

Elves;6476753

sorry for the confusion, it's not freeview, it is freesat and i bought … sorry for the confusion, it's not freeview, it is freesat and i bought the viewing card from sky.

Then it is not " Freesat " it is Freesatfromsky, a different system to " Freesat ".

Freesat does not use a card.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1620
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      3. What laptop to choose?11
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33

See more discussions