Expired

Sky Viewing Card Help

18 replies
Found 16th Dec 2014
Hello, I am a Sky TV customer with HD Entertainment, HD movies and HD Sports.
I'm going to the inlaws for two weeks over Xmas & New Year.
My father-in-law is also a Sky customer but only has standard TV package.
If I take my viewing card there and put it in his sky box, will it automatically be my account and give access to all channels or does it not work like that?

Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Ask
  2. Card
  3. Sky
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Card
  3. Sky
18 Comments

I dont know anything about sky but an idea is...Unplug your own sky box and take it there with you and dont remove the card that way its sure to still work and wont mess anything up!

i think it will work

My friend took her card on holiday and was able to use it.

Card is paired with box so does not work like that.

You could take the whole box

Always was the case that for premium channels the card had to be associated with the box.

Just take the box as well

I have multiroom in my house and if I want to move my viewing card from one box to another I am able to do it online but it won't be as straight forward as taking it out of yours and putting it in his. I'm not sure what the situation will be as I assume you and your father don't have the same user account. It was easy enough to switch back after so it shouldn't harm to try!

The card is paired to the box so putting your card in his sky box won't work. like Moonwolf said best disconnect your box and take it with you:)

Original Poster

Cheers. I'm going to try ringing up Sky for him to "cancel" to see if they'll offer discount for him to have Sports and Movies anyway but wanted a fall back option if they don't offer something decent.

Original Poster

So just to confirm, I could take full box and just plug his aerial leads in etc?

As rugbymike said you can change the box it is paired to online or on the phone. It is much less hassle to just take your box with you.

Yes defo take the box I have done this recently.

Original Poster

Great. Thanks for all the help

take box and card with you, done this for a Welsh holiday

macleod1665

Cheers. I'm going to try ringing up Sky for him to "cancel" to see if … Cheers. I'm going to try ringing up Sky for him to "cancel" to see if they'll offer discount for him to have Sports and Movies anyway but wanted a fall back option if they don't offer something decent.

you wont be able to do it..only you dad can make the call

macleod1665

So just to confirm, I could take full box and just plug his aerial leads … So just to confirm, I could take full box and just plug his aerial leads in etc?

Plug his dish feed cable/s in, there is no aerial lead that will function a Sky Box.

Original Poster

Inactive

Plug his dish feed cable/s in, there is no aerial lead that will function … Plug his dish feed cable/s in, there is no aerial lead that will function a Sky Box.

Cheers, that's what I meant

Comment

macleod1665

So just to confirm, I could take full box and just plug his aerial leads … So just to confirm, I could take full box and just plug his aerial leads in etc?

yep. My partners parents have sky multi room, the second box is in Portugal and all the channels work despite not even being in the same country. The box will work anywhere with satellite tv signal just don't connect it to a phone line or it will give away it's not at the address.

Original Poster

Will connecting it to Wifi to get On Demand movies etc be the same as connecting to phone line? id ideally like the use of demand features
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52481
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions