Groups

Sky Viewing Card Question

Can I use another sky viewing card in my box? My dad is on holiday and he has Sky Sports, can I borrow his card and watch it?

15 Comments

I would think that would be fine. As far as I'm aware, Sky boxes aren't locked to the viewing card that is first put in.

Believe it gets registered to a certain box. Think when i get a new box my viewing card doesn't work until i have gone onto the sky website to move it over or phoned them up

Sky Q is definitely card specific but the older boxes may take another card

You need to assign the card to the box it can be done on line and is usually instant, cant you just borrow his box instead step by step guide here
    Edited by: "ding" 24th Jan

Original Poster

ding

You need to assign the card to the box it can be done on line and is … You need to assign the card to the box it can be done on line and is usually instant, cant you just borrow his box instead step by step guide here

​Could do but I was after the easiest option, it's only for the football this week.

card is locked to box .
    you will need to borrow the box and card

CaptCShadow

I would think that would be fine. As far as I'm aware, Sky boxes aren't … I would think that would be fine. As far as I'm aware, Sky boxes aren't locked to the viewing card that is first put in.

You couldn't be more wrong. Cards ARE linked to boxes.

you cant swap cards, but you can swap boxes, 2 min job easy and will work no problem

ding

You need to assign the card to the box it can be done on line and is … You need to assign the card to the box it can be done on line and is usually instant, cant you just borrow his box instead step by step guide here

srp111

card is locked to box .you will need to borrow the box and card

Its easy to do, takes seconds via the sky website via your account but as the card is registered to your dads account you might need to do it via his account and add it to your box then you will need to assign your card back via your account once your done easiest option is to use his box
    Edited by: "ding" 24th Jan

Yes we use another card on our box, worth a try putting it in, if not you can watch Sky Sports on your tablet/lap top.....just sign in using you dads details or his viewing card number.......if have Sky sports can use Sky Go on up to 4 different devices so you can watch Sports all the time not just when Dad is on holiday

alyharry

Yes we use another card on our box, worth a try putting it in, if not you … Yes we use another card on our box, worth a try putting it in, if not you can watch Sky Sports on your tablet/lap top.....just sign in using you dads details or his viewing card number.......if have Sky sports can use Sky Go on up to 4 different devices so you can watch Sports all the time not just when Dad is on holiday

​sky go is 2 devices, sky go extra is more.

Original Poster

I can't use his sky go as he already has to many things logged to his account, I might borrow his box, seems easy enough to swap over. Thanks for all your help.

You can pop his card in yours and activate it to your box.
    activatemychannels.sky.com
    you would need to re activate on his box after though.
    Not sure if there's a limit on how many times you can swap

Just in plug his box and use it round yours, easy peasy, no issues then with wil it wont it with the card.

stefromuk

You can pop his card in yours and activate it to your … You can pop his card in yours and activate it to your box.http://activatemychannels.sky.comyou would need to re activate on his box after though.Not sure if there's a limit on how many times you can swap

I do this quite often
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are smart parking limited legitimate55
      2. Has anyone bought fitted wardrobes from Sharps?45
      3. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?11
      4. Ide to sata converter44

See more discussions