Found 22nd May 2008
I have paid for Sky complete package for ages now (I Know what a mug!); anyway I decided that enough was enough and have dropped the sports and movies, but retained Sky Variety & Music Mix for £17/month. Imagine my disapointment when I tried to view a previously recorded movie, only to be greeted by the "to upgrade your package contact ...." screen.
Basically, even though I have got Sky+, I cannot watch movies I have recorded - even though theoretically I paid for them whilst I was a movies subscriber.
So much for stockpiling 10 movies or so before I cancelled, huh.

1. Misc
  2. Movie
  3. Sky
13 Comments

Cry????

they are a ripp off though, £15 for 4 sports channs, WTF?

unfortunately that's well known and nothing you can do about it :-(

I did that with the adult package, lol

do more than cry. look up to the sky and scream. I HATE YOU SKY. I HATE YOU SKY.
you will be okay after that.

ctuk;2154980

lol

you should have backed them up to DVD/video first ;-)

least I know for when I cancel sports!!

Original Poster

Currently on Lovefilm 3 month freebie for my films.
Still think it's unfair that recorded movies are blocked by Sky.

Yea, and the stuff on anytime is just their to torment you as well unfortunately

ctuk;2154980

How funny!!! Made me giggle!

Same happened to me when we had a preview week with everything, guess you just have to put them to dvd first... shame you didn't know this before tho!!

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;2155031

Yea, and the stuff on anytime is just their to torment you as well … Yea, and the stuff on anytime is just their to torment you as well unfortunately

yeah, you're right... why put it on anytime when you can't view it :x

J9STL;2155059

yeah, you're right... why put it on anytime when you can't view it :x

To make your money burn a hole in your pocket!

ring sky and threaten to cancel everything as you are appauled at what they have done. make it known you are very unhappy as you have essentially paid for something that you have not got. after all. you wouldnt go to a shop pay for something then let the shop keep it .....?? if what martin lewis says it right , their customer retentions department should do something for you.... we had 9 months of issues with sky and so far just by making a fuss( allbeit a very stressful time ) we have paid them hardly a penny (shud be £52 pm.) you dont lose anything just by trying afterall.

They have not "blocked" them.

It is down to how the encryption works. Sky+ records the raw feed and then only decrypts the signal at the time of watching. This is why you need a sat connection when watching an existing recording and a current sub to that channel.

The same system allows cheapskates to record movies (or any other non subbed programs) for three months over xmas and then just sub for 1 month to watch/rip all the movies to DVD.

The sky CS should have informed you of this prior to canceling - but we all know how goos CS is.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions