Groups

Sky3ds+ cards

My boys Christmas was slightly ruined today when Santa brought them a special edition New 3DS.

(Nan picked it up in Walmart on her way to the airport returning from the States. They even checked with staff to ensure it would work in the UK properly)

Now the games that Santa also have them are all UK versions. The console is USA.

It was never a problem years ago with the DS Lite so didn't think they would revert to such a back dated way of thinking!

Well as you can imagine they are distraught, even asking if Santa thought were bad so he gave them a 3DS that doesn't work!

The only mention of region locking on the box can be found in one line, hidden in a block of text in font size 4 saying "for use with games in Americas" - PI553D OFF!

Well stuff Nintendo. I've now got games they cannot play and 2 consoles that you cannot easily get games for.

Can anyone point me to a reliable site to purchase the Sky3ds+ cards (I preformed system updates to see if that was why they were not working! ) and shipped as quickly as possible.

Your help is very very much appreciated.

21 Comments

Sky3ds+ and similar flash cards aren't legal to use - please buy games rather than stealing them (having a physical copy of a given game doesn't make it legal to download ROMs, I'm afraid).
    Edited by: "Illusionary" 25th Dec 2016

Google.

You can always try buying from the 3DS store? AFAIK you can still purchase 3DS games from the US eShop and they'll work just fine.

Illusionary

Sky3ds+ and similar flash cards aren't legal to use - please buy games … Sky3ds+ and similar flash cards aren't legal to use - please buy games rather than stealing them (having a physical copy of a given game doesn't make it legal to download ROMs, I'm afraid).

But you can legally back up your own games.

A expensive mistake but the info is out there that they aren't region free.

You could always consider gut swapping?

Thanks captain obvious

Illusionary

Sky3ds+ and similar flash cards aren't legal to use - please buy games … Sky3ds+ and similar flash cards aren't legal to use - please buy games rather than stealing them (having a physical copy of a given game doesn't make it legal to download ROMs, I'm afraid).

Westwoodo

But you can legally back up your own games.A expensive mistake but the … But you can legally back up your own games.A expensive mistake but the info is out there that they aren't region free.You could always consider gut swapping?

Well yes, but it's important to be clear exactly what this means: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Fairly easy to buy USA games over the internet.

Google this, or ask on reddit. You'll get a lot more help.

Pretty easy to get hold of and get what you need

Illusionary

Well yes, but it's important to be clear exactly what this means: … Well yes, but it's important to be clear exactly what this means: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jspCan I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Problem with that is Nintendo don't make the laws of the world and isn't applicable in all countries.

djnaff

Problem with that is Nintendo don't make the laws of the world and isn't … Problem with that is Nintendo don't make the laws of the world and isn't applicable in all countries.

Very true.

I never said download either.

Illusionary

Please don't post anything that either makes sense, is honest or moral, or says anything negative about thieves.

This is by no means Nintendos fault Sony and Microsoft used to have region locking in the past, but I think sky3ds cards are classed as piracy

Accept that they're imports and set up a fake US address as the Nintendo ID.

Use the foreign eshop for digital games. Actually cheaper as you can get Yoshi's New Island for £9.99 on ebay and Donkey Kong Returns for about £14.

Or, buy 2 UK ones on Amazon via Prime for Tuesday. In the meantime, sell the imports and take a slight loss.

Illusionary

please buy games.... right.... please disappear

orangeman

please buy games.... right.... please disappear

You prefer theft, I assume?

Illusionary

You prefer theft, I assume?

your law skills are shocking, never try to represent yourself lol

Illusionary

​Yes they are legal to use.

jimhuf

​Yes they are legal to use.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10790835

They're certainly not legal to be sold.

If you go on the Sky3ds site it tells you what sites sell the product...

Illusionary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10790835They're certainly not legal … http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10790835They're certainly not legal to be sold.

​I stand corrected. Turns out you can sponsor laws

Try Gumtree
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Furniture Sliders22
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early11
      3. SCS add ons... are they worth it??22
      4. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?34

See more discussions