Expired

Skybox F5 or F3?

Found 7th Aug 2014
Which is best - I would like a 7 day planner and series links and recording facility - Is any of this possible? New to this and looking for help!!
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskSky
26 Comments
interesting read on here

says both same, but then others says F3 is 1080P but F5 is 1080i? sounds odd that it would degrade for a newer model?

need to plug in HDD to record btw, not sure if was aware?

totally different visual wise of physical box...depends what floats your boat
Edited by: "Jasonl1599" 7th Aug 2014
Original Poster
Jasonl1599

interesting read on here says both same, but then others says F3 is 1080P … interesting read on here says both same, but then others says F3 is 1080P but F5 is 1080i? sounds odd that it would degrade for a newer model?need to plug in HDD to record btw, not sure if was aware?totally different visual wise of physical box...depends what floats your boat

Ta! Do you know if you can sort a series link out too? Assuming you can't....
sky broadcast in 1080i. Even 3d is 1080i side by side.
eBay item number:321417408647 will this do the job any good ?
kester76

sky broadcast in 1080i. Even 3d is 1080i side by side.

ahhh good call! wasn't aware of that
UnicornRiver

Ta! Do you know if you can sort a series link out too? Assuming you … Ta! Do you know if you can sort a series link out too? Assuming you can't....

cant seem to get on any sites to check (blocked here at work)
I would not touch either of these boxes. you would be best looking at something like a miraclebox hd mini. set a few of these up recently and have been impressed by them.

as for hd, not really that important anymore as most of the hd channels are gone from these boxes, and that aint going to change any time soon.
Original Poster
Jasonl1599

cant seem to get on any sites to check (blocked here at work)

I've done a google and can't see anything!?
Original Poster
the porter

eBay item number:321417408647 will this do the job any good ?

Looks good thanks
Original Poster
Deedie

I would not touch either of these boxes. you would be best looking at … I would not touch either of these boxes. you would be best looking at something like a miraclebox hd mini. set a few of these up recently and have been impressed by them. as for hd, not really that important anymore as most of the hd channels are gone from these boxes, and that aint going to change any time soon.

I'll have a look now at them... Not to fussed about HD - Just want football without a mortgage via Sky!
I wouldn't advise either off these. Sky at the minute are doing 50% off all packages. You can get the complete bundle with movies and sports for 36£ a month. That's for 12 months
If it's just the football your after you can get sports package which costs £23 a month. Bargaiby
The HD sports channels have gone as sky keep changing the frequencies ... been gone since May / June ... Lots of HD channels have gone.

Just to let you know ...
for £30 a year, for every channel, I can live with out hd channels. but you need a decent box, don't buy the f5 or f3
Original Poster
darrent54

If it's just the football your after you can get sports package which … If it's just the football your after you can get sports package which costs £23 a month. Bargaiby

I'm a current Sky customer, so they won't give me any more discounts yet and to be honest they have wound me up so much, I don't want to give them a penny!!
Original Poster
Deedie

for £30 a year, for every channel, I can live with out hd channels. but … for £30 a year, for every channel, I can live with out hd channels. but you need a decent box, don't buy the f5 or f3

Have you got a link for a decent Miraclebox and "gift" only found it on 1 site and they have an unbelievable amount of options to choose from, that I don't have a clue about!
UnicornRiver

Have you got a link for a decent Miraclebox and "gift" only found it on 1 … Have you got a link for a decent Miraclebox and "gift" only found it on 1 site and they have an unbelievable amount of options to choose from, that I don't have a clue about!

if you mean world of satellite, they are the official reseller for these boxes.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Miraclebox-Premium-Mini-HD-1x-dvb-s-s2?filter_name=miraclebox

this is the basic version. you have options about what image that you would like. I use the vix team images, as I prefer them. there are other options out there.

but, be aware these boxes are not plug and play. they require a certain amount of maintenance that can appear quite overwhelming at first for a new user. I would recommend that you use the world of satellite forums and have a look about in there for setup guides etc.

as for "gifts", that would need to be discussed via pm.
Original Poster
Deedie

if you mean world of satellite, they are the official reseller for these … if you mean world of satellite, they are the official reseller for these boxes.http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Miraclebox-Premium-Mini-HD-1x-dvb-s-s2?filter_name=miracleboxthis is the basic version. you have options about what image that you would like. I use the vix team images, as I prefer them. there are other options out there.but, be aware these boxes are not plug and play. they require a certain amount of maintenance that can appear quite overwhelming at first for a new user. I would recommend that you use the world of satellite forums and have a look about in there for setup guides etc. as for "gifts", that would need to be discussed via pm.

I prefer the idea of a plug and play as i'm not great at techy stuff and get frustrated easily - I'll chance an F5 or F3 i think
UnicornRiver

I prefer the idea of a plug and play as i'm not great at techy stuff and … I prefer the idea of a plug and play as i'm not great at techy stuff and get frustrated easily - I'll chance an F5 or F3 i think

no worries.

but there is no such thing really as plug and play when it comes to these boxes. they all have issues at times and you need to know how to sort them out. so I would still do some research on any box you buy.

when it comes to these boxes, you really do get what you pay for
Edited by: "Deedie" 8th Aug 2014
Deedie

no worries. but there is no such thing really as plug and play when it … no worries. but there is no such thing really as plug and play when it comes to these boxes. they all have issues at times and you need to know how to sort them out. so I would still do some research on any box you buy.

These look quite good I'd maybe interested in these... Tried YouTube to look for one in action but can't see anything
chantelle310

These look quite good I'd maybe interested in these... Tried YouTube to … These look quite good I'd maybe interested in these... Tried YouTube to look for one in action but can't see anything

these boxes are quick, and have a lot of support from various teams. these are basically the 2 main requirements for any Linux box.

they out perform a vu+ duo, which was the top end box a few years ago, and are still very capable boxes now.
Deedie

these boxes are quick, and have a lot of support from various teams. … these boxes are quick, and have a lot of support from various teams. these are basically the 2 main requirements for any Linux box. they out perform a vu+ duo, which was the top end box a few years ago, and are still very capable boxes now.

Never used anything like this before all I've ever tinkered around with is xbmc on a few different devices. I like learning new stuff though and pick it up quickly. So do these require a satellite dish connection of some sort or just Internet?
UnicornRiver

I'm a current Sky customer, so they won't give me any more discounts yet … I'm a current Sky customer, so they won't give me any more discounts yet and to be honest they have wound me up so much, I don't want to give them a penny!!

So instead your going to 'steal' their channels?oO
Original Poster
redarrowrules

So instead your going to 'steal' their channels?oO

Yep - And i'd kick Murdoch in the Goolies at the same time if i could!
UnicornRiver

Yep - And i'd kick Murdoch in the Goolies at the same time if i could!

Fair enough, but I just don't agree with this. If you want something you pay for the service. But that is a whole other debate which this thread isn't about I guess.
chantelle310

Never used anything like this before all I've ever tinkered around with … Never used anything like this before all I've ever tinkered around with is xbmc on a few different devices. I like learning new stuff though and pick it up quickly. So do these require a satellite dish connection of some sort or just Internet?

they need a dish and permanent internet connection.

I have set loads of boxes up for people and it was difficult to get to grips with at first. but when you get it, its not really that difficult
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants