Skybox stuck on load :(

Found 27th Oct 2015
Our F5 skybox stopped working this morning. First it froze on 95, now it won't go past "load".

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Or if it's too complicated to fix, can anyone recommend a better box as I know the F5 is now quite old, we could probably do with a newer/better box anyway.
Community Updates
AskSky
10 Comments
You can get the new v6 box for £33 channel-list.co.uk do a repair service
Re-flash it.

The Skybox series are the billy basic boxes, if you want something decent, get a Dreambox DM800SE or VU+.

Better still, go down the IPTV route for the HD channels.
Is it a clone? Clones have a habit of getting stuck. but they are reviveable using a RS232 cable ? id give up on it and get a virmin box as you get all the hd channels i pay 40 quid a year for channels an 60 quid for box off ebay
i've been recommended a Zgemma Star S2 are these any good?
ChrisUK

Re-flash it.The Skybox series are the billy basic boxes, if you want … Re-flash it.The Skybox series are the billy basic boxes, if you want something decent, get a Dreambox DM800SE or VU+.Better still, go down the IPTV route for the HD channels.

How do I re-flash it?

andybriggs03

Is it a clone? Clones have a habit of getting stuck. but they are … Is it a clone? Clones have a habit of getting stuck. but they are reviveable using a RS232 cable ? id give up on it and get a virmin box as you get all the hd channels i pay 40 quid a year for channels an 60 quid for box off ebay

I have no idea if it's a clone. I think we'll just get a new box. Thanks for the recommendation.
ChrisUK

Re-flash it.The Skybox series are the billy basic boxes, if you want … Re-flash it.The Skybox series are the billy basic boxes, if you want something decent, get a Dreambox DM800SE or VU+.Better still, go down the IPTV route for the HD channels.

andybriggs03

Is it a clone? Clones have a habit of getting stuck. but they are … Is it a clone? Clones have a habit of getting stuck. but they are reviveable using a RS232 cable ? id give up on it and get a virmin box as you get all the hd channels i pay 40 quid a year for channels an 60 quid for box off ebay

bfy.tw/2UN8
ChrisUK

http://bfy.tw/2UN8

Thanks, I think.

I think I'll just buy a new box.
satellite and cable box (combo) Here

tutorial Here

Edited by: "andybriggs03" 27th Oct 2015
andybriggs03

satellite and cable box (combo) Heretutorial Here

Thank you. I'll look into it .
I really need to find out more about these boxes lol