Groups

Skype mic icon crossed out - how do I make it work???

I have recently bought a Lenovo Tab 2 A10. I've downloaded the skype app and the video works fine but the mic icon is crossed out and, obviously, no one can hear me. I can't find any settings option to sort this out. Can anyone help? Thanks

8 Comments

your problem is it doesn't have a mic. headphone jack and speaker, yes, but no mic - this is why your icon is crossed out, skype can't find a mic to use.

Original Poster

Ahhh...That explains it. So I'll need to plug one in?

if possible, yes, though not sure what mics are going to be compatible. it does have microusb, so might find a mic that'll plug in there

according to online specs, you have a built in microphone.. argos spec
    Edited by: "shabbird" 20th Feb 2016

Original Poster

Hmmm, I see the specs say voice recognition which I just tried with "OK google" and that works so it must be picking up my voice...

On Skype:

Tools
    Options
    Audio Settings
    Microphone (click on the relevant list that's compatible on your tablet)

I don't think you need to purchase a microphone, as there's an internal one built in (I think)

Original Poster

The problem with the latest android app is that you don't get all those options. On another forum I was advised to download an earlier version of Skype which I have now done and it is all working fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767472
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691425
      3. word association Game74044579
      4. One thing you've forgotten911

See more discussions