Groups
    EXPIRED

Skype Phone and Calls!?

Banned
    I am looking at buying a cheapish Skype phone (one for me and one for my parents). Is my understanding correct in thinking that if we were both to get these I could use them solely for making free calls back and forth.

Has anybody used this before? What are the pros and cons of the system. Most of all is it safe?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :pirate:

5 Comments

Compleately safe and you can pick up headphones and mic for Skype for as little as £5 or a Skype phone for around £15

Original Poster Banned

Thanks Fordy. How clear are the calls? Is it just like using a normal phone - i can pick up dial the other person and it will ring?

I have had Skype for a couple of years now and the quality of the call has improved dramatically.

Still not perfect but clearly audible - works best if you have broadband.

You choose a skype username, e.g hukd.

You open the Skype software and if you want to call hukd for example just type it in and that call will be free

You can also choose to pay for a Skypein number for around 30 euros I think. They allocate you a number after you choose a UK area e.g London 0207.

This means you can give this number to anybody and it will ring your Skype phone.

Silly me, but does the other person's pc / laptop have to be switched on for them to receive a call?

Koomey

yes it does. and that call would be free.

if you want to ring their landline you have to use skypeout which costs money but is pretty cheap (especially for international calls)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?77
      2. Are smart parking limited legitimate11
      3. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz22
      4. I want some backless loafers for men66

See more discussions