SkyQ EPG help question

Posted 3rd Jan
I have looked but can not find the answer I need on Google so it might come down to people's experience.

Going to the EPG at the current channel when I press the home button you have to navigate back to the current channel this is a real pain in the a##. every other set top box I have had you press epg or guide button and it automatically starts with the channel you are on. any setting or help with this please.

And happy new year
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I don’t think you can do this on Sky, please correct me if I’m wrong
Don't think you can either, it always takes you back to channel one, rather than the channel you're on. It is annoying lol
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 3rd Jan
STRICKIBHOY03/01/2020 13:50

Don't think you can either, it always takes you back to channel one, …Don't think you can either, it always takes you back to channel one, rather than the channel you're on. It is annoying lol

I don’t like Sky personally, always been with Virgin Media ever since it was NTL
Arto03/01/2020 13:53

I don’t like Sky personally, always been with Virgin Media ever since it w …I don’t like Sky personally, always been with Virgin Media ever since it was NTL

Would love to know much you've been overpaying them

TiVO is trash, laggy and slow - would never go back to it. Q is superior, some stuff like what OP posted is annoying but I barely use EPG so never a problem but the EPG UI is great and fast.
Myriad03/01/2020 14:33

Would love to know much you've been overpaying them TiVO is trash, …Would love to know much you've been overpaying them TiVO is trash, laggy and slow - would never go back to it. Q is superior, some stuff like what OP posted is annoying but I barely use EPG so never a problem but the EPG UI is great and fast.

I threaten to cancel every year so I get a good deal and they don’t have tivo anymore shows how much attention you pay I pay £72pm for every channel except sky movies with 2 boxes, home phone and 350mb internet
Can't beat the UI of the Sky+HD box EPG
Arto03/01/2020 14:36

I threaten to cancel every year so I get a good deal and they don’t have t …I threaten to cancel every year so I get a good deal and they don’t have tivo anymore shows how much attention you pay I pay £72pm for every channel except sky movies with 2 boxes, home phone and 350mb internet

Its the same thing and reviews confirm the same crap V6 aka tivo bla bla. Anyways irrelevant as to what the OP is asking.
Myriad03/01/2020 14:42

Its the same thing and reviews confirm the same crap V6 aka tivo bla …Its the same thing and reviews confirm the same crap V6 aka tivo bla bla. Anyways irrelevant as to what the OP is asking.

So why mention it?
Ahh so it's not just me then how annoying that it doesn't automatically select to the current channel and you have to spend ages navigating back to it.
Don't you just press "I" for the channel you're on or "select" and right arrow to see more programs on current channel?
Why would you want to navigate to the channel you're already on? If you want to see programme information regarding the channel you're on just press the select button.
Why are you pushing the home button and not the back button to the left of home? It closes all menus and takes you back to tv on full screen.
MonkeyMan9003/01/2020 18:36

Why would you want to navigate to the channel you're already on? If you …Why would you want to navigate to the channel you're already on? If you want to see programme information regarding the channel you're on just press the select button.

if its the same as the current sky setup once on the current channel in the epg you can simply press select to go back and watch that channel, if you have navigated through several menus going full screen tv again can be a total pain,
maddogb04/01/2020 09:49

if its the same as the current sky setup once on the current channel in …if its the same as the current sky setup once on the current channel in the epg you can simply press select to go back and watch that channel, if you have navigated through several menus going full screen tv again can be a total pain,

i may be mistaken or i have not fully understood the OP's question. the sky Q set up is nothing like the current sky box set up. the current channel always stay playing in the top left corner of the screen when you navigate through other stuff. so to get back to that channel in the small top left window, you just press the exit button. this will exit whatever you are doing and go back to what you were watching.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions