Groups

sky+/sky hd+ - cheapest option to instal?

I would like to buy my parents sky+ - either the standard box or the hd box which I understand gives you longer recording time - even though they don't have hd). The sky site looks like a minefield - far too much small print. Can someone please tell me how much this will cost me to get it installed (they are already sky customers) and whether I can get a deal on it from somewhere. Thanks

30 Comments

Banned

If they dont have an HD TV, there is no point in paying the extra £10 per month for HD content they cant watch in HD!

If viewing time is a problem, you can always upgrade the hard drive!!

If they are already sky customers - there arent any offers and the only way to bet a deal is to threaten to cancel and get put through to retentions to get offered a deal. However, recently theyve just let people cancel. Not sure if the "refer a friend" scheme is still running - if it is, that would be your best bet - if you know of a new subscriber! If you do, you would both get sky+ free. (and £50 M&S vouchers I think!)

I think the free sky plus refer a friend offers is over now; its just the vouchers.

They still do deals for cancellation threats but its your luck how you get. ( First person I talked to quoted 200 quid for sky plus and broadband install, second was 99 quid which I went for as I needed to get the broadband sorted)

I did mention I was going to move to virgin to get their on demand stuff as the sky plus price had shot up from the price i was quoted before xmas. ( which was true)

There is currently an offer on to get a free Sky + box and free installation but only if recommended by someone who has received a code mailed out by Sky.

Basically someone, like me, recommends you to join Sky and gives you the code to us and phone number to call. You can then arrange for a free Sky + box (or Sky HD for £99) and free installation. You provide your Sky customer number and account name and I can claim £50 of M&S vouchers for recommending you.

The choice of packages can be confusing. Basically £16 gets you the very basic Sky package with one 'Mix' of channels. £19 gets you a choice of 4 mixes and so on. You can of course add broadband and sky talk if you wish.

]This is the best page to play around with the combinations on their website:

If you want the code to get the free Sky + installation then send me a private message.

Kevin

kevinyork;1575497

There is currently an offer on to get a free Sky + box and free … There is currently an offer on to get a free Sky + box and free installation but only if recommended by someone who has received a code mailed out by Sky. Basically someone, like me, recommends you to join Sky and gives you the code to us and phone number to call. You can then arrange for a free Sky + box (or Sky HD for £99) and free installation. You provide your Sky customer number and account name and I can claim £50 of M&S vouchers for recommending you. The choice of packages can be confusing. Basically £16 gets you the very basic Sky package with one 'Mix' of channels. £19 gets you a choice of 4 mixes and so on. You can of course add broadband and sky talk if you wish.]This is the best page to play around with the combinations on their website:If you want the code to get the free Sky + installation then send me a private message. Kevin

Hi Kevin, I have sent you a PM

Banned

kevinyork;1575497

If you want the code to get the free Sky + installation then send me a … If you want the code to get the free Sky + installation then send me a private message.

Ive got this also if anyone needs it for a free sky+ box install.

Original Poster

marco67;1588818

Hi Kevin, I have sent you a PM

I have sent you one too.

I have 2 codes for free Sky+ box and installation if anyone needs them...

Original Poster

Browni;1590069

I have 2 codes for free Sky+ box and installation if anyone needs … I have 2 codes for free Sky+ box and installation if anyone needs them...:)

are these codes exclusive to the receiver or can anyone use them to refer?

Banned

The codes are sent to the sky customer to give to "friends" and will get a free sky+ box and install.

Not really sure what you are asking!

Are you after a free sky+ install as a new customer for your parents?

As mentioned above, I have one if you need it. The codes are customer specific - but will get a free install - which is the object of your request?

Hi Guv, I have PM'd you for the info too, Thanks, Martin

fairy;1591391

are these codes exclusive to the receiver or can anyone use them to refer?

The codes are exclusive to the receiver, as there are only 2 codes given (both different).

If you need one, I still have the 2 left...

Hi Browni, I have PM'd you for the info too,
    Thanks, Martin

hmtmaj;1592647

Hi Browni, I have PM'd you for the info too, Thanks, Martin

Replied

One code left...

Banned

hmtmaj;1592605

Hi Guv, I have PM'd you for the info too, Thanks, Martin

No worries....Browni has given one of his codes.

2 codes available if needed!

Can I just thank Browni and Guv for the info, help and codes.
    We have ordered Sky+ and free installation for this Wedneday.

I was an old customer but my partner ordered it ( she has a different surname ), no questions asked from our address, so she gets to pay the subscription per month so it's a win win for me ! ! :whistling: only kidding....

Again, thanks for the help from Browni and Guv :thumbsup:

2 codes from me also - pm me if needed.

limeboyjoe i've pm'd you

fairy;1589932

I have sent you one too.

Thanks, Ive replied to you both.

Kev

one code left if anyone needs it

2 codes here as well - pm me if interested

Sorry to sound so thick - but how do I pm you? I've been trying for Sky+ for ages - thanks.

The penny has finally dropped and I've sent a pm to you - thanks.

Still one left here as well if anyone needs it...

I have one left too, if anyone needs one....

me to

I'd like to sign up to sky tv and broadband, ideally Sky + so 1 of these codes would be helpful. However can these codes be used along with the Quidco offer for £130 cashback, or is it one or the other?

Browni;1590069

I have 2 codes for free Sky+ box and installation if anyone needs … I have 2 codes for free Sky+ box and installation if anyone needs them...:)

have sent you a PM
    i am in need of a code urgently ,just had sky installed (basic sky box) less than a week but major problems with it working on/off,not sure what my cancellation rights are,in contract it mentions 8 days ,waiting on a phone call tommorrow from sky,they have confirmed my viewing card,dish and box are not the problem! can anyone confirm that this code is for telephone orders only?

limeboyjoe;1628455

me to

have asked browni for a code, if he has none left can you kindly supply me with one,ive asked someone else too, waiting on a reply,just keen to get something sorted with sky tommorrow on phone, was reading small print in sky contract and it seems you can cancel within 8 days but may have to pay £90 plus £30 connection fee back so getting a free sky plus box /install would offset this nicely.just wondering if these codes are only for new customers ? if so i will cancel and try to use the code if anyone has any left

I could use the code if anyone has one left, thanks?

bigbill;1632317

I could use the code if anyone has one left, thanks?

if you still want then p.m. me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2023
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1932
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347
      4. love affairs1756

See more discussions