Slight Conundrum (Gift card for Pizza Hut provided by Argos)

Found 28th Jan 2013
So I recently purchased a gift card from argos with that £30 gift card for £20 or something and it turns out that the PIzza Hut delivery in my area DONT accept gift cards so now I am left with a gfit card that can only be used in the restaurants.

I spoke to argos and they said its exempt from the 30-day policy but after a lot of calls and speaking with managers they've agreed to the refund.

I now am not sure if I should be complaining to Argos for not checking their terms of gift cards or pizza hut for not accepting the giftcard..Thanks

13 Comments

It's your fault for not checking with Pizza Hut about their T + C's prior to purchase. I'm amazed you got a refund quite frankly.

Banned

why not order and pick up if you dont want to sit inside

Why not sell on the sale/trade section of this website for £20 + postage, gives someone else a few quid off then, if they planned to go to pizza hut!

Original Poster

The thing is though the terms and conditions state all restaurants delivery and express.

Matty18

Why not sell on the sale/trade section of this website for £20 + postage, … Why not sell on the sale/trade section of this website for £20 + postage, gives someone else a few quid off then, if they planned to go to pizza hut!

I would had the giftcard stated its terms and conditions correctly and the pizza hut explained that a franchise will not accept giftcards.
Edited by: "MicroBanned" 28th Jan 2013

Original Poster

Its almost like because pizza hut have franchises they are allowed to make their own rules even though their head office said otherwise when I spoke to them earlier today

MicroBanned

Its almost like because pizza hut have franchises they are allowed to … Its almost like because pizza hut have franchises they are allowed to make their own rules even though their head office said otherwise when I spoke to them earlier today

I can understand them not being able to accept gift cards for delivery, I mean, unless they came with an online code and you ordered online, it would be impossible for the delivery guy to process the purchase, as the giftcard would have to go directly through the till, and until that was done, there is absolutely no way of seeing if there are funds on the card!

Original Poster

Forgot to mention I had ordered online

I think you had 7days to return as an item ordered online but not sure if this applies to gift cards.

If it's worth £30, I'm sure someone buy it from you for £25 or so. I'd just keep it,keep an eye if it's got an expiry date and wait till I was near a Pizza Hut.

MicroBanned

Forgot to mention I had ordered online

Then I'm afraid you're at fault. it clearly states on the website to either pay by card online, or pay by cash on delivery. At no point does it say you can pay by giftcard. I wasn't aware that you had actually ordered one already.

Banned

Mum2ConnornCerys

I think you had 7days to return as an item ordered online but not sure if … I think you had 7days to return as an item ordered online but not sure if this applies to gift cards.If it's worth £30, I'm sure someone buy it from you for £25 or so. I'd just keep it,keep an eye if it's got an expiry date and wait till I was near a Pizza Hut.

he meant the pizza not the gift card

sassie

he meant the pizza not the gift card

Ah right well they only take payment by card or cash for delivery then. 7day return on pizza... yuck

Original Poster

So in that case argos messed up because their gift card stated DELIVERY on the front..? and the terms and conditions of the card state delivery aswell.
Yet you cannot pay by gift card for a delivery.

Edited by: "MicroBanned" 29th Jan 2013

You got a refund, wow you must be good.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants