Groups

Slight noise coming from astra sxi 2006

Hi

I have a 2006 1.6 sxi astra and when I drive on a ruff roads (cobbled streets) there is a like a clonking niose coming from front of car and i also sometimes hear it when turning left but not very often.

Any ideas what this could be?

12 Comments

Banned

suspension joint or damper mount

Original Poster

Either of them expensive?

yeh prolly a mount or one of ur suspensions. if it was only on cornering would say it was the cv joint

Banned

rashriaz;8719844

Either of them expensive?

diagnosis, fitting and supply, probably 100-150

might be a roll bar bush, which is cheaper, but if its the lower ball joint, then as above

Original Poster

Thanks guys.

Next question, can anyone recommend a decent garage in Manchester area (I'm from bury)
    don't want to pay main dealer prices

Banned

rashriaz;8719881

Thanks guys. Next question, can anyone recommend a decent garage in … Thanks guys. Next question, can anyone recommend a decent garage in Manchester area (I'm from bury)don't want to pay main dealer prices

who does your mot's?

Original Poster

Just a local garage, I wouldn't trust him with a job like this. Lol

Anti roll bar link. Find a decent independant, don't rely on the good garage scheme.

Original Poster

Got the car checked by vauxhall and they found the following

Both front drop links worn = £126
    N/S Bottom Arm bent and damage to strut, Ball Joint - Right Side Worn/Damaged = £423

Are these prices reasonable ??

Now that Vauxhall have found the issue, goto an independent garage & the bill will be 1/2 the price

try this, put your postcode in then find your nearest with the best feedback that your happy with

goodgaragescheme.co.uk/ind…tml

Original Poster

Textreme;8746756

try this, put your postcode in then find your nearest with the best … try this, put your postcode in then find your nearest with the best feedback that your happy withhttp://www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk/index.html

thanks for that, thats an excellent website. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions