Slim 3pin fused plug

Posted 1st Dec
Hello there, I am after a slim 3 pin fused plug (UK) for my extension cord, as the gap between my wall socket and cupboard is too narrow (approx 3 to 4 mm less than the standard plug). Any recommendations please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Can you cut a small amount from the back of the cupboard so a regular depth plug will fit.

Or do you mean the cupboard is at the side of the socket?.
The cupboard is at the side of the socket. ie. cupboards side frame is facing the socket. Thanks.
maabus01/12/2019 23:55

The cupboard is at the side of the socket. ie. cupboards side frame is …The cupboard is at the side of the socket. ie. cupboards side frame is facing the socket. Thanks.

So you want a plug that doesn't stick out the wall as far?. Could you fit a low profile socket. toolstation.com/fla…BwE or if its a single socket, a switched spur with flex outlet.

Sorry, just trying to understand.

If it's the width of the plug then they're that size to stop fingers touching the pins when inserting/removing. You can get Chinese 3 pin plugs that aren't as wide but these are not up to British safety standards/dangerous.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 2nd Dec
Thanks Skubadudes.

I cannot replace the socket as the cupboard is a fixed one, unfortunately. So I need a plug that fits between the socket and cupboard side wall. Hence looking for a slim one if available.

Probably looking for one that meets BSS, just wondering why our shops here (Wickes, Screwfix etc. etc ) doesnt sell any thin 3pin plugs.. Even I am not finding any in amazon, unless I am missing some.
Take a picture so we can see
I would think you are after something like this:

39225837-HMCMU.jpg
But a UK version, no idea where you would get one though!!
Absolutely.. thats the kind of one i am looking for. Thanks. I will not be able to replace the editing wall socket.
Edited by: "maabus" 2nd Dec
It may well be that the British standard for plug safety has a specific depth dimension so you won't be able to get anything different
Change the gang plate to flex outlet and wire extension lead to it?
jon81uk02/12/2019 09:46

It may well be that the British standard for plug safety has a specific …It may well be that the British standard for plug safety has a specific depth dimension so you won't be able to get anything different

I think you are right as I can't find anything about a flat UK version.
Change the faceplate for one that sits flush with the wall?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions