Found 30th Dec 2015
Hello, I have gas central heating (combi boiler) and would like make use of this when I have a shower installed. However, the problem that I have is that the wall where the bath taps are (would probably run a mixer shower off of them?), curves/slopes inwards - starts sloping about half way between the top of the bath and the ceiling. Obviously, I would like to tile this first, but don't know how about going around this as regards the curve/slope on the wall. Somebody, did mention mosaic tiles once, but I really would like to use largish/rectangular ceramic tiles instead. Also, I don't really want the shower riser rail (would need one due to our heights, as there are 5 of us and the youngest child is 7) being fixed sloping (if it would work anyway like that) - any ideas please? Thank you.

1. Ask
  2. Bathroom
8 Comments

If it was my wall I think I'd just have it plasterboarded flat and tile it as normal then it solves your shower riser issue as well.

Original Poster

rude_boy

If it was my wall I think I'd just have it plasterboarded flat and tile … If it was my wall I think I'd just have it plasterboarded flat and tile it as normal then it solves your shower riser issue as well.

The problem is then that the sloping bit at ceiling height is near enough directly above the taps, so if a board came down it would hit the taps (unless the bottom bit behind the taps could then slope?). Thank you.

change the taps to taps that has a shower hose as well

Mine is the same ,slopes at the tap end . I have my shower at the other end directly plumbed into the combi boiler pipework . My boiler is in the airing cupboard in the bedroom directly behind the bathroom wall so not difficult to run a couple of pipes through the wall and fit the thermostatic bar and riser rail on the straight wall . Don't know whether this would work for your configuration .

Original Poster

Raylincs

rogparki

Mine is the same ,slopes at the tap end . I have my shower at the other … Mine is the same ,slopes at the tap end . I have my shower at the other end directly plumbed into the combi boiler pipework . My boiler is in the airing cupboard in the bedroom directly behind the bathroom wall so not difficult to run a couple of pipes through the wall and fit the thermostatic bar and riser rail on the straight wall . Don't know whether this would work for your configuration .

Bit more difficult in my situation, as our boiler is behind the back door.

Original Poster

Raylincs

That's what I was thinking of, however, would still need an adjustable shower height riser due to the various heights in our family (from my 7 year old to my oldest son who is 6ft 2"). Would really like a flat riser rail not a sloping one as even then I don't know if the shower head would rotate enough at the awkward angle of the riser rail (don't know if it would interfere with the water pressure at an angle as well).

Raylincs

rogparki

Mine is the same ,slopes at the tap end . I have my shower at the other … Mine is the same ,slopes at the tap end . I have my shower at the other end directly plumbed into the combi boiler pipework . My boiler is in the airing cupboard in the bedroom directly behind the bathroom wall so not difficult to run a couple of pipes through the wall and fit the thermostatic bar and riser rail on the straight wall . Don't know whether this would work for your configuration .

If your bath is panelled in you could take a couple of pipes , from the tap feeds (via T pieces ) behind the panelling to the wall at the other end .and fit the shower at the other end that way . Depending on the routing of your H & C pipes in the bathroom there may be an easier , more direct way to get the two pipes to the other end of the bath .
Edited by: "rogparki" 30th Dec 2015

Had the same problem, what I chose to do was turn the bath around so the taps are now at the opposite end, luckily I was re-tiling at the time. With the tiles on the slope, I removed mine, what the previous owner had done was cut a piece of plaster board to the size of the sloped wall, tiled this off the wall then stuck it on the wall when it had all set up.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition67729
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions