Groups

slow cooker

I purchased this from asda just wondering if anyone has used one and can review.
    Thought was a great price at £22.

5.5l
    Digital timer
    200watts
    Pot can be used on stove

direct.asda.com/geo…tml

What’s a better way to enjoy a welcoming stew, soup or casserole than with this fabulously functional and stylish slow cooker?
    In a sleek and luxurious stainless steel design, which can be used on either gas or electric hob (NOT Induction), it features a digital LED display with a built in timer, a tempered glass lid so you can cook your dishes until they’re perfect as well as slide proof rubber feet for added safety.
    Join the cooking revolution today with this talked-about timesaver and check out the rest of our range for more dining inspiration.

9 Comments

I can't review it as I don't have this particular slow cooker.

But, my favourite 'recipe' is as follows:

Score a joint of unsmoked gammon every centimetre or inch, forming diamonds, and stud it with cloves at each 'cross'
    Slow-cook the gammon in an inch of water, on low, for four hours, turning it every hour
    After four hours, take the gammon out and empty the water.
    Spoon a full jar of marmalade into the slow cooker and put the gammon back in
    Cook on low for a further two hours, turning after one hour
    Eat straight away or leave to cool (or both). If leaving to cool, generously spoon over the melted marmalade and store in the fridge

The gammon will do sandwiches for several days and the combination of the marmalade and cloves gives it a festive and mildly sweet taste.

YUM. Just make up your own recipes. Throw whatever you like in there. Enjoy!

Edited by: "squiff" 3rd Jan

slow cooked fajitas, dice chichen and throw it in a food bag with all the dry rub, cut your onions , peppers and whatever else you want in it, then throw it all in the slow cooker for 3 and a half hours, tasty as hell....

Slow cookers are great,just throw in what you like but unless its a joint try to keep meat lean.

Cook your gamon in cola

Got myself a slowcooker few years back but just cant get along with it. The food tastes fine but all this rubbish about spendin time wi the kids and it constantly hoovering when im watchin the footy really grates me

I do my gammon with just brown sugar. No other ingredients or liquid comes out amazing.

666FU

I do my gammon with just brown sugar. No other ingredients or liquid … I do my gammon with just brown sugar. No other ingredients or liquid comes out amazing.

How much sugar do you use? Thanks.

dereklogan7

How much sugar do you use? Thanks.

About half a bag for a 2-3kg joint. Put a layer on the bottom then a layer on the meat. Also just checked it's demerara suger.

666FU

About half a bag for a 2-3kg joint. Put a layer on the bottom then a … About half a bag for a 2-3kg joint. Put a layer on the bottom then a layer on the meat. Also just checked it's demerara suger.

Thanks very much, will give it a go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which android box?34
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?712
      3. What laptop?11
      4. Virgin media sign up67

See more discussions