Groups
    EXPIRED

SLR Entry level camera? Around £300 Help!

Hi folks im after an SLR camera for my Daughter. It will be her first so would like it cheap and easy to use. Any ideas? i have been looking at the Sony A290L & Nikon D3000.

Any others out there and which is the best of these 2?

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

Pentax K-x or Pentax K-r

just google those are you will see they both receive very good reviews and are good value

The K-r is the refined version of the K-x

The K-x was voted best entry level DSLR 2010

After receiving numerous distinctions in the European press during the … After receiving numerous distinctions in the European press during the past year, PENTAX is pleased to announce that the Digital SLR has been voted ‘Best Entry-level DSLR of the Year 2010’ by TIPA (Technical Image Press Association)

pentax.co.uk/en/…tml

for something smaller consider the micro four thirds system.. which is similar to a DSLR

Original Poster

thanks for info but price bit more than was looking for tho.

Original Poster

Which is better SONY A390 or CANON EOS 1000D?

Original Poster

Conqueror

Btw K-x is £350 at … Btw K-x is £350 at Jessopshttp://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Digital%20SLR%20Cameras/products/Pentax/K-x%20with%2018-55mm%20Lens-79342/Show.html?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-DigitalSLRCameras-_-all-_-all&ovc=

Thanks is this better than the ones i mentioned above?
    Edited by: "nutta" 19th Apr 2011

I had a DSLR and sold it to get a bridge camera. DSLRs are too faffy for me. Loads of lenses to carry about, having to swap lenses, etc. Just gone for a Sony HX100v. Gives the zoom range of 4+ lenses with nothing extra to carry.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions