Groups

small business rate relief

Hi all, after some info...

yes i will call someone to confirm tomorrow before i get told to lol, but im doing some figures and im nosey!

Ok...business rates are calculated using a multiplier to get the figure you will have to pay, im told i'll be eligle for small business rate relief, however is this calculated by the multiplier or in addition to the multipler amount? i think the latter according to my research, but i hope someone can shed some light? thank you

4 Comments

I agree with you that it is the latter, or so I'm led to believe.

If you are eligible for small business relief and the property you're in is rated at £6000 or below, you shouldn't have to pay anything until, I think, October 2011.

Original Poster

great! thank you

Banned

pioneer181

I agree with you that it is the latter, or so I'm led to believe.If you … I agree with you that it is the latter, or so I'm led to believe.If you are eligible for small business relief and the property you're in is rated at £6000 or below, you shouldn't have to pay anything until, I think, October 2011.

and its tapered between 6 and 12k I believe, also it now lasts until October 2012

Original Poster

thanks colin!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230712
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448
      3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963012
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…35

See more discussions