Small cars with heated seats

Found 16th MayEdited by:"Illusionary"
So, the lease on my current car - a Mini Cooper Hatchback - is due up for renewal in a couple of months, so I need to decide on what I'm going to do at that point. In my research around possible options for a new replacement, one thing that I've been surprised to find isn't very common in cars of this class is the inclusion of heated seats - even as an option. I'm afraid to say that this is a deal-breaker given that I've got very used to having them over the past several years, especially with how cold this past winter was!

I'm posting this to see if I can get suggestions for any suitable models that I may have overlooked, as it's not always as easy to check as might be hoped! I don't really want or need a car much larger than my current Mini.

So far, I've identified the following as possibilities:
  • Alfa-Romeo MiTo
  • Audi A1
  • BMW i3 (this is an electric vehicle)
  • Ford Fiesta
  • Mini Hatchback
  • Vauxhaul Corsa
  • VW Polo

Any other suggestions? Thanks very much in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
yeahbob1 m ago

At least some Corsas have these.

But it is still a Corsa
32 Comments
My golf has heated seats. Is that too big? I've a GTD so I don't know if that would fit in with your budget.
Lidl every few months sell the plug in 12v car seat cover heaters @ £12 Work surprisingly well.
Japanese/Korean brands like to throw things like that in. Though looking at your short list, I suspect they won’t be up to scratch.
psychobitchfromhell11 m ago

My golf has heated seats. Is that too big? I've a GTD so I don't know if …My golf has heated seats. Is that too big? I've a GTD so I don't know if that would fit in with your budget.

Thanks. While the Golf could be an option as it's not *that* big, I'd probably go with the Polo out of VW's range as I don't need anything any larger.

SOUTHWALES4 m ago

Lidl every few months sell the plug in 12v car seat cover heaters @ £12 …Lidl every few months sell the plug in 12v car seat cover heaters @ £12 Work surprisingly well.

Cheers - certainly worth bearing in mind, though I'd have a strong preference for a built-in solution.
Oneday776 m ago

Japanese/Korean brands like to throw things like that in. Though looking …Japanese/Korean brands like to throw things like that in. Though looking at your short list, I suspect they won’t be up to scratch.

The likes of the Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris were very strong contenders, but sadly don't have the option available. My list isn't really informed by the brand - at least, not yet!
Edited by: "Illusionary" 16th May
yeahbob1 m ago

But it is still a Corsa
Skoda Yeti. 8” longer than the Mini but different road presence. Odds on the Fabia will have too.
yeahbob3 m ago

So they do, seems to be at the "Energy" trim level and above - added to the longlist, thanks.
Illusionary1 m ago

So they do, seems to be at the "Energy" trim level and above - added to …So they do, seems to be at the "Energy" trim level and above - added to the longlist, thanks.

And heated stearing wheel youtu.be/igN…fKI
Oneday772 m ago

Skoda Yeti. 8” longer than the Mini but different road presence. Odds on t …Skoda Yeti. 8” longer than the Mini but different road presence. Odds on the Fabia will have too.

I think I'm going to have to disqualify that one just based on the design - it really doesn't appeal at all. Thanks though.
Also worth noting some brands won’t specify heated seats as it will be part of an equipment pack. You might have to dig into brochures to get the detail.
Oneday772 m ago

Also worth noting some brands won’t specify heated seats as it will be p …Also worth noting some brands won’t specify heated seats as it will be part of an equipment pack. You might have to dig into brochures to get the detail.

Indeed, so I've found! Hence this thread, really - to try to avoid overlooking something that might be ideal.
Ford Ecosport, optional comfort pack with heated steering wheel. Also don’t forget Ford have heated windscreens. They are the dogs danglies.
Peugeot 208 GTI Prestige is a great car with heated seats.
Oneday7716 m ago

Ford Ecosport, optional comfort pack with heated steering wheel. Also …Ford Ecosport, optional comfort pack with heated steering wheel. Also don’t forget Ford have heated windscreens. They are the dogs danglies.

At the end if the day it’s an ecosport and loads of cars have heated windscreens now.

Loads of small cars have heated seats just have to dig as was said, might not be called out but could be in winter packs or other names. But really you need to look for the particular car you want, no good buying or considering something awful just for heated seats.
Edited by: "eslick" 16th May
Oneday7735 m ago

Ford Ecosport, optional comfort pack with heated steering wheel. Also …Ford Ecosport, optional comfort pack with heated steering wheel. Also don’t forget Ford have heated windscreens. They are the dogs danglies.

A great feature indeed - it's been invaluable in my Mini!
eslick19 m ago

At the end if the day it’s an ecosport and loads of cars have heated w …At the end if the day it’s an ecosport and loads of cars have heated windscreens now. Loads of small cars have heated seats just have to dig as was said, might not be called out but could be in winter packs or other names. But really you need to look for the particular car you want, no good buying or considering something awful just for heated seats.

Absolutely - I'm just trying to get myself an initial list to consider here, with heated seats seemingly being a quick way to narrow it down. Sticking with another Mini is very much a possibility, but it's become a somewhat costlier option so exploring other options has become more attractive. I'm also very intrigued by the possibility of an all-electric car with the i3, but with an eye on practicality, I've got a test drive booked to get some insight.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 16th May
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 45 m ago

My golf has heated seats. Is that too big? I've a GTD so I don't know if …My golf has heated seats. Is that too big? I've a GTD so I don't know if that would fit in with your budget.

Golf is probably smaller than the mini.
I don't know how bmw gets away with calling it a small car.
MonkeysUncle7 m ago

Golf is probably smaller than the mini. I don't know how bmw gets away …Golf is probably smaller than the mini. I don't know how bmw gets away with calling it a small car.

Nah, the Golf is half a metre longer, compared to the 3-door Mini Hatchback - 4.35m vs 3.85m.
VW Polo has heated seats, but you'll need to order the Winter Pack. They aren't standard.

Skoda Yeti is no longer made, replaced by the Karoq. But that's much bigger than a Mini. The Fabia has heated seats as an option, but that may be too downmarket for you.

Heated seats are a £215 cost option on the Audi A1.

The Alfa Romeo MiTo isn't a great car, it gets terrible reviews. Best avoided. The new Fiesta however, is excellent. As is the new SEAT Ibiza.
Vauxhall Corsa has them as an option, I think fiesta’s have them too. The engine in a mini is the same as Fiesta too.
Nissan LEAF Teckna trim, as you're considering an i3 electric.
The new Nissan micra might be good for you.
I've had four Fiestas - bought a 2011 Zetec S which is still gorgeous (or at least it would be if I cleaned it). If they still do the 1.25 Zetec engine, it's been the best one they've done since the old Cosworth (*reminisces*).

Would an Alfa actually last a 3 year lease without breaking?
Some Merc A Class and Bmw 1 series have them installed as an option.
You can rerofit heated seats , not sure about the cost.

lFf7zv7Eg2xPR3QPflS617o4auoaAk5TEALw_wcB
Edited by: "adamderak" 17th May
Volvo?
Most electric or hybrid vehicles have a heated seat/wheel option - its very effective use of energy compared to an electric heater.

As said, you need to go through the options lists. Winter Pack is a common thing.

Strange how we get used to these things isn't it? When I first bought a car with heated seats I thought it was a bit unnecessary, but once you get used to it you start to think its essential.
I don't think Volvo do any small cars, just medium and large.

VikJ4 h, 10 m ago

If you're going that large without needing the extra space you might as well go for something stylish, A Subaru BRZ is 4.2m and has heated seats fitted as standard (as does the Toyota-badged GT86 version).

Although thinking about it the Mazda MX-5/Fiat 124 offer heated seats in a car less than 4m long so that's also a good candidate if you don't need the two extra occasional seats, although I wouldn't expect many convertible deals at this time of year.

In terms of small cars there are quite a few that do have a heated seat option, some more to add to the list:

Renault Twingo (and possibly Smart ForFour)
Vauxhall Adam
Hyundai i10
Peugeot iOn (and possibly Citroen C-zero).
Mazda 2
Renault Clio

Although if you go for an insulating seat fabric you might be surprised how little you miss them.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 17th May
Auris has heated seats.... but maybe too big for you..
Thanks everyone - I've been away from the site throughout today but appreciate the further suggestions.

mas999 h, 20 m ago

Volvo?Most electric or hybrid vehicles have a heated seat/wheel option - …Volvo?Most electric or hybrid vehicles have a heated seat/wheel option - its very effective use of energy compared to an electric heater.As said, you need to go through the options lists. Winter Pack is a common thing.Strange how we get used to these things isn't it? When I first bought a car with heated seats I thought it was a bit unnecessary, but once you get used to it you start to think its essential.

Yep, so I'm finding with the electric options. I suppose that we call get used to the various conveniences/luxuries that we use day-to-day!

EndlessWaves9 h, 16 m ago

I don't think Volvo do any small cars, just medium and large. If you're …I don't think Volvo do any small cars, just medium and large. If you're going that large without needing the extra space you might as well go for something stylish, A Subaru BRZ is 4.2m and has heated seats fitted as standard (as does the Toyota-badged GT86 version).Although thinking about it the Mazda MX-5/Fiat 124 offer heated seats in a car less than 4m long so that's also a good candidate if you don't need the two extra occasional seats, although I wouldn't expect many convertible deals at this time of year.In terms of small cars there are quite a few that do have a heated seat option, some more to add to the list:Renault Twingo (and possibly Smart ForFour)Vauxhall AdamHyundai i10Peugeot iOn (and possibly Citroen C-zero).Mazda 2Renault ClioAlthough if you go for an insulating seat fabric you might be surprised how little you miss them.

Heh, fair comment - small is certainly what I'd tend towards.
packard4 h, 15 m ago

Auris has heated seats.... but maybe too big for you..

As you say, probably bigger than I'd want/need, but thanks regardless.

Guzzle22 h, 31 m ago

VW Polo has heated seats, but you'll need to order the Winter Pack. They …VW Polo has heated seats, but you'll need to order the Winter Pack. They aren't standard. Skoda Yeti is no longer made, replaced by the Karoq. But that's much bigger than a Mini. The Fabia has heated seats as an option, but that may be too downmarket for you.Heated seats are a £215 cost option on the Audi A1.The Alfa Romeo MiTo isn't a great car, it gets terrible reviews. Best avoided. The new Fiesta however, is excellent. As is the new SEAT Ibiza.

Yep, the Polo's on my list, as is the A1. I'm not overly inclined toward a Skoda, though I'm still trying not to be *too* influenced by the brand.

Cheers for the feedback on the MiTo - along with another comment here, that's probably enough to knock it off my likely choices.

I don't think that the Ibiza has heated seats as an option? It would otherwise certainly have been an option, along with the Yaris and the Jazz.
cmdr_elito22 h, 18 m ago

Vauxhall Corsa has them as an option, I think fiesta’s have them too. The e …Vauxhall Corsa has them as an option, I think fiesta’s have them too. The engine in a mini is the same as Fiesta too.

Yep, the Fiesta is in my list, and I've added the Corsa following an earlier comment, albeit not one that I feel immediately drawn towards.
terriclarkfan15 h, 51 m ago

Nissan LEAF Teckna trim, as you're considering an i3 electric.

Thanks. I got the impression that there might be a long lead time on the LEAF and apparently they come up quite expensive with the lease arrangement, but I'll see about pricing one up shortly for context.
Xboxgamer32115 h, 30 m ago

The new Nissan micra might be good for you.

Thanks. From a quick look, it seems to be just with one of the leather seats options, which probably isn't ideal, but still worth bearing in mind.
Barst14 h, 40 m ago

I've had four Fiestas - bought a 2011 Zetec S which is still gorgeous (or …I've had four Fiestas - bought a 2011 Zetec S which is still gorgeous (or at least it would be if I cleaned it). If they still do the 1.25 Zetec engine, it's been the best one they've done since the old Cosworth (*reminisces*).Would an Alfa actually last a 3 year lease without breaking?

The Fiesta's very much an option, cheers for the insight! As for the Alfa, I don't really know all that much about them, so, while any maintenance will be covered as part of the lease, it's good to get the steer away from them.
VikJ13 h, 22 m ago

Yep - a bit bigger/costlier than I'm looking for though.

adamderak12 h, 39 m ago

You can rerofit heated seats , not sure about the cost. …You can rerofit heated seats , not sure about the cost. lFf7zv7Eg2xPR3QPflS617o4auoaAk5TEALw_wcB

Indeed, but not an option here as this will be a leased vehicle.
Why not just stick with a mini but go for the Cooper S? the better engine completely transforms the car, sounds like you already like the design so maybe stay with what you know you like?
Deaa12 h, 47 m ago

Why not just stick with a mini but go for the Cooper S? the better engine …Why not just stick with a mini but go for the Cooper S? the better engine completely transforms the car, sounds like you already like the design so maybe stay with what you know you like?

Far too expensive, unfortunately - even getting a new Cooper would be a significant bump to the price that I'm currently paying.

Having thought it over a little more, I'm increasingly leaning towards buying out my current car and running it independently for the time being - having to organise servicing, insurance, etc., again will be a bit of hassle, but nothing that should be too difficult, and it's looking like it would work out a lot cheaper.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants