Found 25th May 2010
looking for a little cheap 10"ish laptop for internet and word/excel/microsoft things
Looking on tbay and there seem to be some £100-£200
Can anyone tell me what memory i should get and RAM ect so that it will do simple things like internet without going seriously slow...

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
6 Comments

Hi
Sorry dont know much on the tecnical side, but people on here have guided me to the below and both are great little machines
M&S Netbook when it had £104 off making it £175 with 2 year warrenty (but you will have to wait for the offer again
ttp://marksandspencer.com/M-S…rh=
and Argos argos.co.uk/sta…htm currently on offer £199 with 3 year warrenty but you will be lucky to get stock
If you are not in a hurry I would say wait for the offers and keep checking this site - just put netbook inot the search - o and by the way both above are XP I guess you will pay more for windows 7

If you do a lot with Word, I'd go to Curry's or somewhere and try one.

A 10" screen is no fun to type with for long. . .

Original Poster

Wirley;8689216

HiSorry dont know much on the tecnical side, but people on here have … HiSorry dont know much on the tecnical side, but people on here have guided me to the below and both are great little machinesM&S Netbook when it had £104 off making it £175 with 2 year warrenty (but you will have to wait for the offer againttp://www.marksandspencer.com/M-S-MSNB-2009-Netbook/dp/B0031AMNNI?ie=UTF8&qid=1274804828&categoryNodeID=43992030&ref=sr_1_2&page=&node=46460031&sr=1-2&mnSBrand=core&_encoding=UTF8&rh= and Argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5081880/Trail/searchtext%3ENETBOOK.htm currently on offer £199 with 3 year warrenty but you will be lucky to get stockIf you are not in a hurry I would say wait for the offers and keep checking this site - just put netbook inot the search - o and by the way both above are XP I guess you will pay more for windows 7

Hi,
Thanks for the links, what was the offer on the m&s one? argos is out of stock lol

Hi, I use a MSI U100 (pink).I paid £200 on offer in Argos.They currently have the new ones loaded with Windows 7.I connect to the internet with my 3 dongle.I find it very fast and plenty of storage for my music and photo's.I would recommend this to anybody.

Hope this helps

Caroline72;8689268

Hi,Thanks for the links, what was the offer on the m&s one? argos is out … Hi,Thanks for the links, what was the offer on the m&s one? argos is out of stock lol

Hi
the M&S one is currently £279 if you wait it may go back down, I got the blue one with £104 off it making it £175:-D

Get a samsung netbook, they're awesome!
I had the nc10 the only reason i got rid of it was because the newer models came out!
battery life is amazing (8 hours if i remember!)

I upgraded the ram to 1gb on it, and i used it on a daily basis for word etc, it even managed to play some 720p files randomly! so yeah brilliant for everything other than gaming!

Ohhh and another thing, try looking for a 11" inch screen, I found that I had to scroll horizontally on some pages because of the resolution they were meant for..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person635
    2. Best tablet around the £60 mark33
    3. Advice on selling an iPhone?66
    4. What shoes are these?22

See more discussions