Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid

Small claims court help needed

Posted 30th Jan 2021
Hi guys, a family member has sold a car and it was sold as seen. The person who purchased it was not happy and said it was not as advertised.

Cut a long story short they wanted their money back after a couple of weeks of using it. Family member refused and the purchaser took matters to the small claims court.

The purchaser has sent a copy of the letter from the court entitled ‘judgment for claimant’ saying seller needs to pay x amount within 30 days (tomorrow) or enforcement proceedings will be taken against the seller.

The seller has received no correspondence whatsoever, if they had they would have fought the case. It transpires that the buyer has given the courts the wrong address.
Question is what can the seller do?
Sorry If this is confusing. Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Top comments
Post a comment