Small scale centre parcs - anyone recommend somewhere?

Found 25th Feb 2011
I'm looking for somewhere to go for a small summer family break. Kids are 5, 3 and 8 months. Eldest is in P1 so have to go out of (Scottish) term time but with the wee ones would like to avoid somewhere too large and busy. Ideally somewhere with a swimming pool and play park (maybe not too far from a beach?) and not too far south given we're travelling from Scotland with 3 young kids.

We went to Ribby Hall before and may well end up back there. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of anywhere similar that they'd recommend?

Many thanks.

Should have added that looking for a lodge or cottage type thing rather than a caravan. Ta.

1. Misc
  2. Scale
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Scale
3 Comments

Hve just had a lovely weekend staying at these cottages. 14 people one family, 3 cottages. All bedrooms en suite and very reasonable cost.

I would imagine they get very popular in summer, so need to book ahead.

Did not bother me but only 4 TV stations and no mobile phone signal at the cottages. Big downside for some people!!

darwinlake.co.uk/

Sorry. Di not read it properly. Darbyshire probably too far from Scotland, definitely midlands so no beach.

Might sound odd but have you considered looking at youth hostels? You can book family room for yourselves, most in brilliant locations. We started going when my kids were a similar age. Great for kids because great freedom for them. No swimming pools but most have great gardens / exploring areas. You will be surprised what they have to offer these days.

yha.org.uk/ins…spx

Original Poster

Will look at the links thanks. I've stayed in youth hostels but not recently,though even then I thought some were pretty surprising. When we stayed at Ribby Hall we just liked having the things on site for the kids - they could have a quick play on the play park before bed if there was still time after dinner type of thing. Small scale would be ideal though even apart from the fact centre parcs is so expensive out of term time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Post a comment
@
    Text