Small SmartTV for kitchen

Posted 6th Jul
Looking to replace a very old 19" Dell TV which doesn't have HDMI, with a similar size Smart TV which will have the usual apps (iPLayer, Netflix, etc, etc) and Freeview capabilities.
Ideally it should have a decent IPTV app, which I can use with my existing sub.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Is this small enough, got all the bells & whistles, black & white to LOL

41310376-AZw2l.jpg
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 6th Jul
lettherebedeals06/07/2020 13:28

Is this small enough, got all the bells & whistles, black & white to LOL …Is this small enough, got all the bells & whistles, black & white to LOL [Image]

Looks perfect, just need a time machine to use it
deleted11933
A very old 19" probably has thick bezels. You need to provide the dimensions and compare from that. Also, if that is really old it will be 4:3 and not 16:9 so you need to decide the maximum dimensions you are happy to go for...
Don't rule out used. Lots of people almost give away small TV's...
deleted1193306/07/2020 13:49

A very old 19" probably has thick bezels. You need to provide the …A very old 19" probably has thick bezels. You need to provide the dimensions and compare from that. Also, if that is really old it will be 4:3 and not 16:9 so you need to decide the maximum dimensions you are happy to go for...Don't rule out used. Lots of people almost give away small TV's...

It's one of these I want to replace
dell.com/con…900
A real HUKD bargain from back in 2005!!
I've never understood having a TV in the kitchen but we do have a Tablet. It has much more in the way of functionality such as timers, recipes, weight conversions etc. Sorry I can't be of any help though.
deleted11933
The speakers are on the side. You can probably jump up to a 24" or so if you can find one with a minimal height stand You need dimensions though else it is all a waste of time.
fearona06/07/2020 15:50

Comment deleted

I get what they are saying. If they just want to watch some stuff on Netflix or iPlayer whilst they are cooking then a tablet can be a handy little alternative that doesn't take up much space. You can also use it to look up recipes as well, set timers, and do weight and measurement conversions.
Current dimensions are 60cm width (68cm corner to opposite corner), just under 30 cm high.

It's mounted on a swinging TV mount so can go a little bigger. I'm guessing TV of around 23" is probably a similar width, when you take the extra width off which the speakers use up.
ei8hty5ive06/07/2020 14:09

I've never understood having a TV in the kitchen but we do have a Tablet. …I've never understood having a TV in the kitchen but we do have a Tablet. It has much more in the way of functionality such as timers, recipes, weight conversions etc. Sorry I can't be of any help though.

Not everybody has a small kitchen. We spend a fair bit of time in our kitchen not just for cooking.
Post a comment
@
    Text