small USB Wifi card w/ great range/throughput?

Found 21st Jun
I recently dropped my laptop and ever since the build in wifi is pretty useless. Unless I'm practically on top of the router it's very hard to connect or maintain a connection to the router.

Could anyone recommend a really good USB wireless adapter as far as range and throughput goes? i'd prefer a small form factor as I'm constantly traveling w/ my laptop.

Thanks so much!
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Sounds like you've knocked the antenna loose. Might be easy to fix if you have access panels on the bottom. Typically the antenna is a push fit connection so shouldn't take 2 minutes if luck is on your side.
Search utube for video on how to open the lappy to check connection otherwise if its a duff card most lappies have slot/clip in wifi cards, replacements very easy to get, unless you are one of the unlucky ones whose card is soldiered in.
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try and fix it. If I need a new card, can you recommend a good USB one?
leftfooter43 m ago

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try and fix it. If I need a new card, can …Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try and fix it. If I need a new card, can you recommend a good USB one?

If your card is duff and not soldiered in just get a replacement the same as you take out if you were happy with that or you might find that there is a later model. You will need to google yours and see what pops up.That is a much better solution than getting a usb type,
Edited by: "st8mike" 21st Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants