Small van with LWB suitable for EuroTunnel

Posted 14th Oct
I need to travel to Europe to collect items and need a small (but long) rental van that is under 1.85m in height.

Can someone recommend a suitable rental van that is less than 1.85m in height and one that can accommodate 2.1m in length for storage.
Need to collect packages that are sized:

• 210cm x 93cm x 53cm
  • 173cm x 93cm x 52cm

Based in Maidenhead, happy to hire van in surrounding areas.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
How many of those packages?

That package would fit in my A6 estate with the seats down..
adam_holcombe14/10/2019 16:37

How many of those packages? That package would fit in my A6 estate with …How many of those packages? That package would fit in my A6 estate with the seats down..

Nice of you to volunteer
adam_holcombe14/10/2019 16:37

How many of those packages? That package would fit in my A6 estate with …How many of those packages? That package would fit in my A6 estate with the seats down..

One of each I assume.

A big estate is pushing it. 106cm combined width is possible, although not universal, and you might just be able to manage it length-wise if you can slide the front seats forwards a bit. Height will be the major barrier on an estate car though. Boot openings are generally around 70-80cm high. 93cm is the realm of MPVs, Crossovers, off-roaders and vans.

For example RIDC measured the 2016 Audi A6 at 103cm wide, 194cm long and 72cm high.
ridc.org.uk/5431

A big MPV like a Sharan/Alhambra or Galaxy might fit them, and the van-bodied MPVs that fit under the 1.85m mark like a Grand Tourneo Connect should have no problem. Probably the bigger off-roaders too but they tend to be expensive and thirsty so are likely to be more expensive to lease.

In terms of vans I'm less familiar but a quick look around suggests the Kangoo & Citan, Caddy and Transit Connect are all under 1.85m and long.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 14th Oct
Make sure the rental company know you are planning on taking it to France a lot of them so t let you or charge extra
Just a quick update - I've phoned a few places and have asked the question, I need <1.85m height van and must be 2.1m in length for boot space (full height). Awaiting callbacks, so hoping something comes up from the rental places I've called.

I don't think both packages will fit into an A6, but if you're offerring, can I get a lift ;-)

Seriously, thanks for the great advice, really appreciate it.
38672374-QhsA2.jpgI think the OP would love this one:
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 15th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants