Groups

Small youview box needed

Hi I currently have a Humax Youview DTR-T1000 but due to decorating i now need a smaller one that fits on a small shelf. Does anybody know of anything that records live tv (preferably a couple of channels at the same time) which is a very small box to sit with my now tv box? Help is much appreciated

17 Comments

Consider this? In the QandA section it suggests you can record onto an external HDD up to 1TB.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…L5B

You will struggle to get a small form that records more that one channel.

You view do have a smaller box than yours much smaller look on eBay at the talk talk version I have both and both work the same on any broadband connection

larrylightweight

You view do have a smaller box than yours much smaller look on eBay at … You view do have a smaller box than yours much smaller look on eBay at the talk talk version I have both and both work the same on any broadband connection

​yes but they only record up to 30 mins on the channel you are watching so you can pause for a short time. BT also do one of these.

blueoctober

​yes but they only record up to 30 mins on the channel you are watching s … ​yes but they only record up to 30 mins on the channel you are watching so you can pause for a short time. BT also do one of these.

Nope mine don't it records a second channel entire programme and my internet is with EE I was once with talk talk but that was a long time ago

Edit it records two channels at the same time it might be talktalk badged but it works Iv had 3 so far of the smaller version and never had an issue of only 30mins record time.
    Edited by: "larrylightweight" 5th Mar

larrylightweight

Nope mine don't it records a second channel entire programme and my … Nope mine don't it records a second channel entire programme and my internet is with EE I was once with talk talk but that was a long time agoEdit it records two channels at the same time it might be talktalk badged but it works Iv had 3 so far of the smaller version and never had an issue of only 30mins record time.

​OK. I was thinking you meant the small youview mini box amazon.co.uk/BT-…NQG but assuming you mean this one? currys.co.uk/gbu…Pyw ?

For me, the second one is too big for the OP?

blueoctober

​yes but they only record up to 30 mins on the channel you are watching s … ​yes but they only record up to 30 mins on the channel you are watching so you can pause for a short time. BT also do one of these.

There are 2 versions of the talk talk box, one with a 320gB hard drive and one without, if the op goes down this route they will need to make sure they buy the one with the hard drive, there are plenty on ebay from talk talk or BT
    Edited by: "mikey_d" 5th Mar

The DTR-T2100 is quite a bit smaller.

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3512413/BT-YouView-DTR-T1000-vs-DTR-T2100.jpg

[https://cdn2.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/reviews/3593183/BT_TV_Mini-YouView_box-remote-review.png[/url] Agreed. It is smaller. The small form one is tiny. The one above may be his solution!
    Edited by: "blueoctober" 5th Mar

Youview box made by huewei model DN371t or DN372t are quite small. I have one as well as the dtr-2100. Both decent boxes. My DN371t will be up for sale soon and they don't go for a lot of money. They have a universal remote as well which will work most models of Sony Samsung LG etc

​OP is the DTR T2100 above what you need?

blueoctober

​OK. I was thinking you meant the small youview mini box h … ​OK. I was thinking you meant the small youview mini box https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-078930-YouView-Box/dp/B00PRVCNQG but assuming you mean this one? http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/bt-youview-hd-recorder-500-gb-22103774-pdt.html?store=2811&cmpid=ppc~gg~(PLA)-LOCAL~~Exact&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=wxqpwxiwp&istBid=t&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0042+%28PLA%29+SET-TOP+BOXES~All+Products~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&s_kwcid=DS!700000001497021!151104316787!!!g!!PRODUCT+GROUP&device=m&ds_kids=92700017969214733&PLA=1&gclid=CjwKEAiAi-_FBRCZyPm_14CjoyASJAClUigOTWG7Q59etQ0vz0H9fAr4_1zBPvU40OclidiaVenfnBoCWIjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJ6Gk5qKwNICFemo7QoddHQPyw ? For me, the second one is too big for the OP?

Nope I don't mean any of those they are bt branded and may well only record 30 mins I mean the talktalk version 320gb can get them on eBay for around £40

larrylightweight

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TalkTalk-YouView-DN372T-Set-Top-Box-320GB-PVR-Freeview-HD-Digital-Recorder-/192114617599?hash=item2cbaec6cff%3Ag%3Av28AAOSw-RFYse1C&_trkparms=pageci%253A81b5ba2b-01dd-11e7-a162-74dbd1808b3a%257Cparentrq%253Aa0095fe215a0a5eb361f7363fffbbc44%257Ciid%253A1

​that looks about the same size as the bt one and as OP is going from a larger one, would be suitable potentially too.

Do these work w/out a talk talk contract?

Original Poster

blueoctober

​OP is the DTR T2100 above what you need?

This looks ideal

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help everyone. I will have a look into all the recommendations ☺️

pltji14

This looks ideal

I have this one DTR-T2100 500GB. Excellent box and cex sell it for around £55 with a years warranty

We bought the BT youview box for a Christmas present. I panicked when I seen it out the box Christmas day. It's so small. Guess it's a little smaller than a table matt.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047130
      2. What would be HELL to you?2632
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767340
      4. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3345660

See more discussions