Smart bulbs

Posted 18th Sep
I just purchased a couple of E27 TP link smart bulbs off Amazon and I have to use the Kasa smart app

now I can't seem to find any E14 TP link smart bulbs

can I buy any E14 smart bulbs and they will work alongside the Kasa smart app or does it not work like that?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Your right it won't work, think of it like trying to run an iPhone app on an android phone.
Dam. I can't find any TP link E14 smart bulbs online
efc_4ever18/09/2019 19:49

Dam. I can't find any TP link E14 smart bulbs online

Your options are as follows:

Options 1 - Use converters/adaptors available on ebay/Amazon. I used quite a few in the past but they look unsightly and in my honest opinion are a fire risk in certain light fittings due to poor design.

Option 2 - Use Google Home app to control lights. Therefore purchase E14 smart bulbs from a different manufacturer which are Google Home compatible. I know Kasa are definitely supported on Google Home as are several others.

Option 3 - Wire the E14 light fittings to a 3 pin UK plug and use Kasa Smart Plugs to control on/off functionality.
Edited by: "ChrisKaru" 19th Sep
ChrisKaru19/09/2019 05:15

Your options are as follows: Options 1 - Use converters/adaptors available …Your options are as follows: Options 1 - Use converters/adaptors available on ebay/Amazon. I used quite a few in the past but they look unsightly and in my honest opinion are a fire risk in certain light fittings due to poor design.Option 2 - Use Google Home app to control lights. Therefore purchase E14 smart bulbs from a different manufacturer which are Google Home compatible. I know Kasa are definitely supported on Google Home as are several others. Option 3 - Wire the E14 light fittings to a 3 pin UK plug and use Kasa Smart Plugs to control on/off functionality.

Option 2 sounds good. I'm actually using them with my Google mini so I can use the Google home app with these TP link smart bulbs I'm getting? I don't have to use the Kasa app to control them?
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 19th Sep
Yes as long as the manufacturer is supported by Google Home you have a level of control available within the Google home app. The added advantage is you can group different manufacturers smart products to operate in unison.

To verify the above I have access to turn on and off and set the colour of my TP link bulb via the Google Home app. I can also turn my myriad of smart plugs from various manufacturers tp link, blitzwolf, anker and belkin on and off. I can also group them to do an action simultaneously.
Edited by: "ChrisKaru" 19th Sep
ChrisKaru19/09/2019 17:36

Yes as long as the manufacturer is supported by Google Home you have a …Yes as long as the manufacturer is supported by Google Home you have a level of control available within the Google home app. The added advantage is you can group different manufacturers smart products to operate in unison. To verify the above I have access to turn on and off and set the colour of my TP link bulb via the Google Home app. I can also turn my myriad of smart plugs from various manufacturers tp link, blitzwolf, anker and belkin on and off. I can also group them to do an action simultaneously.

Thankyou my friend
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants