Smart door lock

Found 8th Jul
Hello everyone

Does anybody have one of the yale smart door locks? I'm thinking of upgrading my lock and I think this would work wonders.

It would enable me to open my front porch to let couriers in when I'm not at home for example.

Are there many downsides to them?

Thanks in advance,

Jackson Michael.
Community Updates
AskDoorLock
9 Comments
I think for me im not sure how safe and secure they are. Could they easily be hacked?

Although i did rent an house in Canada that had a smart lock, with pin code and that was great, no keys required.

For a porch i would probally do it, but for the main house door im not sure yet
For a porch or outer conservatory door as long as there is an inner door with a secure modern lock it should be ok. If you haven’t got that I’d suggest start with talking to your insurance company, they may not permit smart locks as they can be vulnerable to hacking.
What if courier doesnt shut the door after delivery?
chocci1 h, 4 m ago

You could always attach a motorised arm to the door and activate it remotely.
For one. It's brilliant and secure. As secure as any standalone computer. Only negative is the battery life.
34284191-jW5Q2.jpgI have the Yale conexis L1.
mrty6 h, 15 m ago

For one. It's brilliant and secure. As secure as any standalone computer. …For one. It's brilliant and secure. As secure as any standalone computer. Only negative is the battery life.[Image] I have the Yale conexis L1.

Battery life? It needs charging?

Thanks for your info!
chocci10 h, 50 m ago

If the courier didnt shut the door?

I would kick their bottom really hard
I have a connexis L1 as well 3 months nw battery’s have not died yet and they the original ones.

It’s good I use fobs and a card not really used phone it’s not as convenient.

I love it so much better then my old lock.
Edited by: "dickypreston" 8th Jul
I have a yale smartlock and it takes batteries that last ages.
would be no good for courier as you have to lift the handle when closing to lock it and it has to been done in a certain time period.

For our use it's great, I would never go back to a key lock again. No lost keys to worry about.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions