Smart plug is driving me CRAZY!!

Posted 12th Oct
Can someone help me before i take a hammer to my smart plugs haha

When i turn my smart plugs on after a few mins they keep turning themselves off then back on again.

Ive resetted them loads of times and made a new google account to see if that works but nothing.

Anyone know what could be up with them?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Not sure what brand you have. Mine works fine, my parents never worked well. It seemed to not work as it was too far from the hub and wifi. Perhaps that could be your problem?
daniellndn12/10/2019 18:45

Not sure what brand you have. Mine works fine, my parents never worked …Not sure what brand you have. Mine works fine, my parents never worked well. It seemed to not work as it was too far from the hub and wifi. Perhaps that could be your problem?

A few of the plugs are right next to the wifi box. Ive google the problem but havnt found any solution.
What make / model are they?
Reset them back to factory settings and try again.
WiFi interference from neighbours.
Extension plugs can cause problems.
Some sort of power surge device. Cuts power to device if overloaded.
Interference from a plug close by or speaker.

Could be any number of things.

Start by moving plug to a single socket away from other devices and connect a light to WiFi pug to help monitor.
If it works fine you will need to figure out what is causing the interference where you had the plug.
Maybe loose contact between the plug and the socket? Generally even if a plug loses internet connection it would remain in the same state as it was before (so if it was on before, it would remain on) so I don't think this would be an internet issue.
jamie1512/10/2019 22:08

Maybe loose contact between the plug and the socket? Generally even if a …Maybe loose contact between the plug and the socket? Generally even if a plug loses internet connection it would remain in the same state as it was before (so if it was on before, it would remain on) so I don't think this would be an internet issue.

Its not a loose contact because all 4 plugs are doing it. Ive tried everything, think im just gonna gave to invest in new ones. Nightmare
SteMoss12/10/2019 22:10

Its not a loose contact because all 4 plugs are doing it. Ive tried …Its not a loose contact because all 4 plugs are doing it. Ive tried everything, think im just gonna gave to invest in new ones. Nightmare

I have been using 3 TP Link ones since 2017 and not had many issues. I think 1 failed but got it replaced, I think they are still pretty decent quality though. People seem to love the Sonoff smart plugs too as a budget alternative.
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell12/10/2019 22:50

Have you tried a different App?Maybe try …Have you tried a different App?Maybe try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuya.smartlife

Il give it a try. Thanks
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell12/10/2019 22:50

Have you tried a different App?Maybe try …Have you tried a different App?Maybe try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuya.smartlife

That's the one I use for a smart extension. I found the setup process for that very complicated but the extension works fine via the app. Unfortunately the app isn't the best though.
Edited by: "jamie15" 13th Oct
Change the apps server to mainland china
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants