Smart thermostat to control British Gas Wireless Receiver WR1

6 replies
Found 7th Jul
I think i have the standard British gas Wireless Receiver WR1 connected to my boiler, and I use a british gas wireless control RC1 unit. All works fine, apart from the extremely stupid interface of the RC1 unit.

is there a product that allows you to control hot water and heating from your smartphone? something like Hive thermostat, but without having to disconnect WR1 to connect the hive receiver.

6 Comments

I think all smart thermostats have their own receivers and cannot be used without the associated receiver, you can easily replace the receiver if you know what you are doing however you may need an electrician if you dont

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

I think all smart thermostats have their own receivers and cannot be used … I think all smart thermostats have their own receivers and cannot be used without the associated receiver, you can easily replace the receiver if you know what you are doing however you may need an electrician if you dont

not having to re-wire is the point here.. so i want to see if there is a product out there that does the job. otherwise, i will need to contract someone to rewire

fileexit

not having to re-wire is the point here.. so i want to see if there is a … not having to re-wire is the point here.. so i want to see if there is a product out there that does the job. otherwise, i will need to contract someone to rewire

It is fairly easy to do yourself especially if you already have a receiver already as its literally swap the old with the new, do you have any friends or family who are good with electrics who can help you out?

Original Poster

Are you saying the is no need to rearrange the wires? Just off with the old receiver and in with the hive receiver?
Edited by: "fileexit" 7th Jul

fileexit

Are you saying the is no need to rearrange the wires? Just off with the … Are you saying the is no need to rearrange the wires? Just off with the old receiver and in with the hive receiver?

Thats what I did when I installed mine today quite easy to do
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!44
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3484
    3. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1115
    4. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?812

See more discussions