Groups

Smart Trainers (Bike)

Im looking for a good deal on a Smart Trainer - one that works with Trainer Road or Swift (or similar) - anyone know of anything? From my research it looks like I need to spend a minimum of £300

6 Comments

Is noise a factor in your decision? The direct drive models are ridiculous. Had a really good direct drive model and had to sell it it was so loud. Even cheaper ones are like a plane taking off. See Youtube for that. If it's not a factor then yes, you can

If you want something quiet, then your best bet is to commit and get a Tacx Flux on 0% finance. No deposit usually required either. Tredz often put out big codes and offer finance on top. Look to buy when it goes under £600. There were issues on release, but new ones are sorted and brilliant value for money if you're serious about training.

I have a Tacx Vortex which works with trainer road and zwift, though you will need an ANT+ adapter if your using an iPad which is an extra £50 I think.

Got mine from Evans as they take Tesco club card vouchers, so if you have any you can use them to offset some of the price.

Original Poster

Vanderlust19 h, 10 m ago

Is noise a factor in your decision? The direct drive models are …Is noise a factor in your decision? The direct drive models are ridiculous. Had a really good direct drive model and had to sell it it was so loud. Even cheaper ones are like a plane taking off. See Youtube for that. If it's not a factor then yes, you can If you want something quiet, then your best bet is to commit and get a Tacx Flux on 0% finance. No deposit usually required either. Tredz often put out big codes and offer finance on top. Look to buy when it goes under £600. There were issues on release, but new ones are sorted and brilliant value for money if you're serious about training.

Yes noise could be an issue - neighbours may kick off living next to an airport! If £300 is the minimum I need to spend then i'll just have to live with it and save up for a bit longer. I've been looking at the Bkool Smart Trainer which seems to review well. Smart trainers just appear to be the one product that never reduces in price! Although I like your finance option!

Original Poster

redbutcher18 h, 21 m ago

I use a Kinetic trainer - works fine with Zwift and Trainer Road. …I use a Kinetic trainer - works fine with Zwift and Trainer Road. https://www.kurtkinetic.com/http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kinetic-road-machine-ii-smart-trainer/

I have looked at Kinetic -the Rock and Roll reviews very well - but again its quite expensive

Original Poster

paul100513 h, 9 m ago

I have a Tacx Vortex which works with trainer road and zwift, though you …I have a Tacx Vortex which works with trainer road and zwift, though you will need an ANT+ adapter if your using an iPad which is an extra £50 I think.Got mine from Evans as they take Tesco club card vouchers, so if you have any you can use them to offset some of the price.

So the Tacx Vortex smart appears to be £299.99 and are you saying I'd need to add another £50 to that to make it work with Zwift/Trainer Road? I do love your Tesco clubcard/Evans idea though!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Superdrug weekly deals11
      2. Large Chest of Drawers1012
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree67
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!22

See more discussions