Smart Tv - LG49UM7400PLB vs LG49SM8500PLA

Posted 23rd May
Please can anyone with good tv knowledge let me know which tv is better given that the later is only £100 more

Is it worth the extra £100

I had a Hisense which until 4hours ago was great but the screen has gone very dark so that you can hardly see the picture - hoping it’s not linked to having Sky upgraded to Q in last few days -google suggests backlight issues

Any advice is appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
yorkie1223/05/2020 16:12

Here is an actual comparison between the two - …Here is an actual comparison between the two - https://www.zkelectronics.com/comparetv/lg-49sm8500pla/uk/lg-49um7400plb/uk/

Thank you Yorkie12 I guess my question is are the differences worth £100? Thank u for your comparison though very helpful
just got and setup the LB, and we,'rd all happy with the sound and picture.we have it for freeview,netfilix, iPlayer et c and all seems fine.mind you i'm not one of those tv snobs.
dirtyleedshawks23/05/2020 16:21

Thank you Yorkie12 I guess my question is are the differences worth £100? …Thank you Yorkie12 I guess my question is are the differences worth £100? Thank u for your comparison though very helpful

Once you know the differences between the two it's down to you if you think it's worth paying the extra. I've got 65" UM7400PLB and like awacko all the family are pleased with it. When I got this all the TV shops were open and I was able to look at a few sets on display and IMO there wasn't a massive difference between the big brand lower and mid range TVs so I wasn't prepared to pay any extra. Again I'm not a TV snob , just go on what I think looks good. I did buy a Magic Remote though for £25 - this makes the UM7400 voice controlled and also has a useful pointing device that helps you get through menus quickly.
yorkie1223/05/2020 16:37

Once you know the differences between the two it's down to you if you …Once you know the differences between the two it's down to you if you think it's worth paying the extra. I've got 65" UM7400PLB and like awacko all the family are pleased with it. When I got this all the TV shops were open and I was able to look at a few sets on display and IMO there wasn't a massive difference between the big brand lower and mid range TVs so I wasn't prepared to pay any extra. Again I'm not a TV snob , just go on what I think looks good. I did buy a Magic Remote though for £25 - this makes the UM7400 voice controlled and also has a useful pointing device that helps you get through menus quickly.

Thank u
Have the 7400 good viewing angles and bright room, but not Stella in dark room. Oled if I had money to be honest most of my input is only hd or ad and my old Sony TV was better, if smaller. Phone app can make TV voice controlled. TV has Bluetooth 2.3 but in so useful if you don't want to disturb significant other.
Edited by: "eelvis" 23rd May
Buy an oled
lordwc24/05/2020 16:27

Buy an oled

Out of my price range but yep agree they look awesome
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions