Smart tvs

Found 3rd Mar
Why do you need a TV aerial to watch smart TV apps on a smart TV. Isn't the whole point of smart apps not to use an aerial
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
You don't.. you can use a pc monitor with no tuner and stick a firestick in to get smart features and watch TV. Also my mate has a android tv in kitchen with no TV aerial and watches Internet TV on it
Edited by: "wayners" 3rd Mar
A monitor is not a TV so is different.

Some TV's require an aerial signal to allow set-up then you may be able to remove the aerial signal and the Apps may still work. Varies by manufacturer.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 3rd Mar
OBH6UK5 h, 17 m ago

A monitor is not a TV so is different.Some TV's require an aerial signal …A monitor is not a TV so is different.Some TV's require an aerial signal to allow set-up then you may be able to remove the aerial signal and the Apps may still work. Varies by manufacturer.

I've never seen a TV that doesn't allow you to skip the initial tuning setup. What TV are you talking about that will go no further without tuning in?
Never tuned my tv in and I can use the apps. Got an LG tv. Just connect to wifi and away u go.
craigstephens18 h, 34 m ago

I've never seen a TV that doesn't allow you to skip the initial tuning …I've never seen a TV that doesn't allow you to skip the initial tuning setup. What TV are you talking about that will go no further without tuning in?

Several brands have been mentioned on MSE and DS with this issue..
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 4th Mar
Which brands?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants