smart ultra 6 overheating heating

Found 13th Apr 2016
Just wondering if this is normal for the su6 know everyone raves about it but mines seems be heating faster than other phones I've used.
I don't have many apps installed and not using it for gaming.
It's just web browsing and internet but it's up at 40 degree c. I have du battery app and 360 security which should both stop apps running in background etc.
However when I use chrome I can't see a way to see how many tabs I have open so that may be a contributing factor.
The square on the right hand side also for closing recent apps gives me no option to close all at once other phones I've had running lollipop and kitkat have, why is this? It's annoying to have to go through and close them one by one
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
I torture my SU6 on a daily basis, running a variety of different apps, using it to download torrents, playing games etc. and I haven't had an overheating problem, it runs fine, maybe you should get it checked out by Vodafone (if that's who you got it from).
You seem to have may problems with the Smart Ultra 6. Maybe its time to find an alternate phone
TheRatedSeller

You seem to have may problems with the Smart Ultra 6. Maybe its time to … You seem to have may problems with the Smart Ultra 6. Maybe its time to find an alternate phone

Absolutely.

Just wondering how I'm having such a bad experience with mine when the majority of people rave about it
Maybe worth trying a factory reset.
dereklogan7

Maybe worth trying a factory reset.

Factory reset when I got it as bought if off gumtree...
Had only been used less than a month got it with box and receipt so know he wasn't **** lol.... But maybe he sold it coz he had issues with it too
Just a thought. Are you using an SD card? Could be corrupted. Remove it and see how the phone works without it.
little_green

Factory reset when I got it as bought if off gumtree...Had only been used … Factory reset when I got it as bought if off gumtree...Had only been used less than a month got it with box and receipt so know he wasn't **** lol.... But maybe he sold it coz he had issues with it too

Sounds likely - if you've got the receipt, claim it on warranty. I've had no issues with the phone apart from the sh*t camera.
dereklogan7

Just a thought. Are you using an SD card? Could be corrupted. Remove it … Just a thought. Are you using an SD card? Could be corrupted. Remove it and see how the phone works without it.

Unfortunately not.
Unfortunately not.

The 'close all recent apps' thing isn't actually a problem. Stock Android does not include a button to clear all recent apps. Some manufacturers (Samsung, LG...etc) add this on as an extra feature.
Get it checked
Is your handset syncing your emails? Lot of handsets seem to overheat coz of this.
chancooluk

Unfortunately not.The 'close all recent apps' thing isn't actually a … Unfortunately not.The 'close all recent apps' thing isn't actually a problem. Stock Android does not include a button to clear all recent apps. Some manufacturers (Samsung, LG...etc) add this on as an extra feature.

That's rubbish. Even my ee kestrel and Indian infocus m330 had that feature and they are budget and foreign crap lol
little_green

That's rubbish. Even my ee kestrel and Indian infocus m330 had that … That's rubbish. Even my ee kestrel and Indian infocus m330 had that feature and they are budget and foreign crap lol

​I'm afraid it's not. My moto x play is pretty much stock, doesn't have the option. Close all is added by the oem, it's not default in android.
40C isnt hot! Stick it in your pocket for a few hours and it will be up to 38C without it even being on!
doncoop

​I'm afraid it's not. My moto x play is pretty much stock, doesn't have t … ​I'm afraid it's not. My moto x play is pretty much stock, doesn't have the option. Close all is added by the oem, it's not default in android.

Lol not saying its untrue just saying its unfortunate.
I guess I've been pretty lucky that my past 5 phones have had that feature
Get rid of the battery app and the security it's not needed and probably adds to the heat. A factory reset will do it no harm and could make it a little snappier. As for chrome tabs do you have them showing in your recent apps or in the little square in the chrome app?
My G3 overheats as well. It becomes too hot to even touch. Battery app reads around 40-43c but feels a lot hotter.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions