Smart Ultra 6 screen issue

Found 12th Jul 2016
My screen has all these strange marks around the edges. It happened while I was on holiday abroad so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the heat. It did get rather hot in my pocket.
The marks seem to be between the LCD and the digitiser. All other marks are on the screen protector. The screen functions normally but it's rather annoying and would obviously reduce the value if I decided to sell it.
As it's from Vodafone I'm not sure if they'd have it in for repairs. I unlocked it straight away and have never used it on Vodafone.
Anyone else have similar issues?

13 Comments

Is it like a white 'halo' around the edge of the screen?

If so I've got the same, sent it for repair and they claimed water damage (despite the water indicator not activating).

Original Poster

It's not at the top of the screen, more around the right and bottom edge with some along left edge. They look like tiny scratches. It's never been near water or in the rain.

My SU6 has the exact same thing happening to it:

http://i.imgur.com/9dHNJw1.jpg

I've not dropped it, hasn't had any water damage or been anywhere near heat. It started happening on one side about a week ago, then gradually day by day, it's been getting worse and covering the whole outside of the screen. Can barely use the middle of the screen to type anything so I'm in the process of buying another phone then sending it off under warranty to Vodafone.

If they quote water damage, I'm going to kick off bigtime as I've had a glass screen protector and case on it ever since I purchased it a few months ago.

I suppose you get what you pay for!
Edited by: "gsj87" 12th Jul 2016

Original Poster

Yours is a lot worse than mine! No heat either! That's my theory out the window. All I can remember is it being fine one day then I was walking around Benidorm for a bit, checked my phone and saw all those marks. I thought my phone had shattered at first. I've got 2 other phones so I may use one of those and pop into Vodafone. Trouble is they're very fussy when it comes to phone number because their system doesnt like contact numbers that aren't on Vodafone.

waynester21

Yours is a lot worse than mine! No heat either! That's my theory out the … Yours is a lot worse than mine! No heat either! That's my theory out the window. All I can remember is it being fine one day then I was walking around Benidorm for a bit, checked my phone and saw all those marks. I thought my phone had shattered at first. I've got 2 other phones so I may use one of those and pop into Vodafone. Trouble is they're very fussy when it comes to phone number because their system doesnt like contact numbers that aren't on Vodafone.

It's totally random, I wouldn't put it down to something specific because I look after my phones pretty well, but it just shows that the build quality is pretty appalling for something like this to happen so quickly.

Original Poster

gsj87

It's totally random, I wouldn't put it down to something specific because … It's totally random, I wouldn't put it down to something specific because I look after my phones pretty well, but it just shows that the build quality is pretty appalling for something like this to happen so quickly.

​Well I've been lucky it lasted so long as I've had it since September 1st last year (although the earphone socket broke in January) and screen went like this on June 21st.

waynester21

​Well I've been lucky it lasted so long as I've had it since September 1 … ​Well I've been lucky it lasted so long as I've had it since September 1st last year (although the earphone socket broke in January) and screen went like this on June 21st.

Not bad, I've only had mine since February!

Thats the lcd delaminating from the top layer. I have read reports of this on the SU6 and from memory Voda were repairing them.

Original Poster

I was thinking about the glue becoming unstuck but it's such a weird pattern (small lines) but yeah you could be right.

This is common nowadays. Luckily I have a SU6 and haven't experienced this issue - yet.

I have the same problem on my phone I thought it must've been something I did. Has anyone had the problem resolved in any way?

Original Poster

Doors

I have the same problem on my phone I thought it must've been something I … I have the same problem on my phone I thought it must've been something I did. Has anyone had the problem resolved in any way?

​I got a replacement in August. Took about 2 weeks but they replaced it with a new one. Using it now. No screen issue so far. Must have been the heat of the summer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions