Smartboard sb560

Found 15th Aug 2017
Hi, I've been given a smart whiteboard without any software. I have managed to install drivers. via smartech website. pluged in usb the board light has gone from red to green so something's happening but no picture. I have downloaded manual all 86 pages but non the wiser. is there anyone out there who can suggest a fix.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

What projector are you using?

Original Poster

I'm not using one I thought the usb into my laptop would be enough

Original Poster

If I use the pens on the blank screen it marks the photo on my laptop in correct colours and shapes so it's connected as such

I don't understand what you mean. Do you realise what you have bought?
You have bought a massive version of this, which as you say will transfer markings to the laptop31702145-cUzOb.jpg
But it is definately not like a massive version of this, which has a built in colour screen
31702145-QFopQ.jpg
Have you bought an interactive projector screen thinking it was an interactive tv screen?
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 15th Aug 2017

Original Poster

Thanks for your help. It was given to me from school. No longer needed. So what extra do i need was wanting to use for films or even games

It's only an input device, the pictures showing it as a screen are when a projector is used on it.

It's a write and wipe (be sure to use WIPE markers) whiteboard that transfers to a PC - and was a hellaciously expensive piece of kit at one time... used, looks like under £100 on ebay

You need to point a projector at it! The sb560 (60") and sb580 (72") are old tech now, maybe well over 10 years old and they have nearly all developed the same fault. You'll find that when you wrote in certain areas the virtual ink appears no where near where you finger/pen is. No amount of orientation will fix this, so you'll probably end up throwing it away.

Hey guys, i plugged my mouse into USB and there's no picture on it, plz halp lol, y it not working.

Seriously though, it doesn't have a screen so why would it show a picture...

Original Poster

Thanks to all who have helped. Nothing lost as it was free. I'm donating to local dogs charity they need a large whiteboard for kennel management.

999kernow9 h, 17 m ago

Thanks to all who have helped. Nothing lost as it was free. I'm donating …Thanks to all who have helped. Nothing lost as it was free. I'm donating to local dogs charity they need a large whiteboard for kennel management.

Silver lining. I think you should start a thread in misc tho asking if other people have suffered anything similar.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions