Smartphone for elderly.

Found 22nd Dec 2017
My elderly mother has just had broadband put as she got it free from BT with free SIM card. I am going to try and attempt to show her how to browse on her android tablet and also how to use an android smartphone. Does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable phone for a newbie, is there such a thing as a simple smartphone?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

iPhone X?
Kidding ZTE AXONS are good

Original Poster

Xboxgamer32121 m ago

iPhone X?Kidding ZTE AXONS are good

Thanks I'll have a look.

Original Poster

oliverkennedy1013 m ago

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/doro/8030-v2.deal.html?cid=PAIDSEARCH_Google_{campaignid}_{adgroupid}_{targetid}&gclid=Cj0KCQiA9_LRBRDZARIsAAcLXjeVJ9n6kEZ15tVDNcIVzra1YunV8LTeZA63vS8WJ4c7OM-jBsMhVoMaApdLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#!propsId=20859427&cid=20859427

That looks like it may be just what I'm for, thank you.

how did she get free broadband from bt?

you could get her a phablet and clear all the apps from the screen so it is pretty much blank to start her off, then introduce apps slowly.

EMtart5 m ago

That looks like it may be just what I'm for, thank you.

Just to let you know in case you havnt bought one yet, last year i got a samsung galaxy J5, put it on easy mode for my grandma, shes been using it fine, even though she cant speak english she can now take pictures, answer calls, call others, and even call others using whatsapp and play music, good thing about android is you can get so many apps to make the phone as simple as possible and yet still do nearly everything

Original Poster

Salstech3 m ago

Just to let you know in case you havnt bought one yet, last year i got a …Just to let you know in case you havnt bought one yet, last year i got a samsung galaxy J5, put it on easy mode for my grandma, shes been using it fine, even though she cant speak english she can now take pictures, answer calls, call others, and even call others using whatsapp and play music, good thing about android is you can get so many apps to make the phone as simple as possible and yet still do nearly everything

Oh that sounds interesting, I wasn't aware that an easy mode existed. Will take a look. Thank you.

EMtart3 m ago

Oh that sounds interesting, I wasn't aware that an easy mode existed. Will …Oh that sounds interesting, I wasn't aware that an easy mode existed. Will take a look. Thank you.

Even if you dont have samsung there are easy mode apps, where it changes the phone with big caller id pictures, my grans is setup with a picture of her daughter which she clicks and it automatically calls her using whatsapp. Extremely simple

She got free broadband ? You sure about that Maybe you should go check (report back too)

Original Poster

mutley116 m ago

how did she get free broadband from bt?you could get her a phablet and …how did she get free broadband from bt?you could get her a phablet and clear all the apps from the screen so it is pretty much blank to start her off, then introduce apps slowly.

She was offered an unbelievable deal with the Free BT broadband giveaway see my post in this thread.
Edited by: "EMtart" 22nd Dec 2017

Original Poster

jco8312 m ago

She got free broadband ? You sure about that Maybe you should go check …She got free broadband ? You sure about that Maybe you should go check (report back too)

Yes she got a great deal see my post above.
Edited by: "EMtart" 22nd Dec 2017

Original Poster

Salstech14 m ago

Even if you dont have samsung there are easy mode apps, where it changes …Even if you dont have samsung there are easy mode apps, where it changes the phone with big caller id pictures, my grans is setup with a picture of her daughter which she clicks and it automatically calls her using whatsapp. Extremely simple

I need to look into this as I may already have a phone that is suitable with a few modifications. It's not a Christmas present so no hurry.

EMtart11 m ago

Yes she got a great deal see my post above.

Wow! Brilliant
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants