Groups

Smartphone SD Card Question?

Can anyone recommend a SD card for the Moto Z? I've tried a class 10 Samsung but the phone says it's too slow? I know there are other SD cards U1, U2, U3 etc.. But what is the best for using the SD card as the internal storage option without getting the slow message?

8 Comments

I have this in my Moto g3 got it because it moaned the samsung one was slow. amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
    Edited by: "patcho" 6th Mar

patcho

I have this in my Moto g3 got it because it moaned the samsung one was … I have this in my Moto g3 got it because it moaned the samsung one was slow. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B013CP5HCK/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think some phones say the phone is too slow regardless of what card you use as the card bus itself is under-specced. The best value high speed cards at the moment are the Toshiba Exceria range - you could buy them for £34 from Amazon as of yesterday.

misterleoni

I think some phones say the phone is too slow regardless of what card you … I think some phones say the phone is too slow regardless of what card you use as the card bus itself is under-specced. The best value high speed cards at the moment are the Toshiba Exceria range - you could buy them for £34 from Amazon as of yesterday.

...that's for a 128GB card.

The Sandisk and Toshiba's are generally junk, you need fast 4k random read/writes for phones, the Samsung Evo/Evo Plus (+) and generally some of the best for this.

dcx_badass

The Sandisk and Toshiba's are generally junk, you need fast 4k random … The Sandisk and Toshiba's are generally junk, you need fast 4k random read/writes for phones, the Samsung Evo/Evo Plus (+) and generally some of the best for this.

Not according to a recent thread on here which tested the speeds of the 2016 Exceria cards and found them to be decent.

misterleoni

Not according to a recent thread on here which tested the speeds of the … Not according to a recent thread on here which tested the speeds of the 2016 Exceria cards and found them to be decent.

The 4k read/write though or the normal read/write which are pretty meaningless when used in phones (other than media playback/recording)?

Original Poster

This one any good? amazon.co.uk/dp/…HHE (£28 sold / dispatched by Amazon)

dcx_badass

The 4k read/write though or the normal read/write which are pretty … The 4k read/write though or the normal read/write which are pretty meaningless when used in phones (other than media playback/recording)?

I'm just going to go on the reviews and try one on payday rather than going into some gaming nerd style debate.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions