Groups

Smartphone suitable for someone with large/fat fingers?

I'm organising a new contract phone for my father and he would like a smartphone, but I showed him my iphone and we realised that his fat and rather clumsy fingers and thumbs made texting and using the keyboard difficult.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a smartphone for someone with larger fingers and thumbs?
    Thanks.

4 Comments

get a stylus for the iphone? I have a case that has a slot for the stylus-works perfect for me.

Original Poster

barky;8827537

get a stylus for the iphone? I have a case that has a slot for the … get a stylus for the iphone? I have a case that has a slot for the stylus-works perfect for me.

I never knew you could get styluses that work on the iphone, I thought they only worked with fingers because if you use a nail or pen etc it doesn't do anything, I'll look into it just now, thanks.
    I don't think he'll get an iphone though, I was thinking more towards the HTC desire and Nokias but haven't had a chance to get to a shop and have a fiddle about with them. Can you use styluses with them? His fingers are not that fat, just more man-sized and clumsy (mixed with poor eyesight too probably). My girlie slender little fingers have no problem so it's hard to judge what will be ok for him.

sickly sweet;8827600

I never knew you could get styluses that work on the iphone, I thought … I never knew you could get styluses that work on the iphone, I thought they only worked with fingers because if you use a nail or pen etc it doesn't do anything, I'll look into it just now, thanks.I don't think he'll get an iphone though, I was thinking more towards the HTC desire and Nokias but haven't had a chance to get to a shop and have a fiddle about with them. Can you use styluses with them? His fingers are not that fat, just more man-sized and clumsy (mixed with poor eyesight too probably). My girlie slender little fingers have no problem so it's hard to judge what will be ok for him.

hmv.com/hmv…171

works on ANY touchscreen

capacitive screens like the iphone are best with fingers but resistive screens like the majority of other touchscreen phones need a stylus or finger nail to work best....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions