smartphone: update got a xperia play, thanks all

36 replies
Found 6th Jun 2011
So im pathetic when it comes to phones....got me a nice lil sony ericsson but my 24month contract is finally up next month and gotta move onto a smartphone.....

so im aware that its pretty much android vs iphone.

i wana good looking and EASY phone to use.

hubby got the san frnasisco but i dont want the same as him. shall i get a white iphone or get something else....any help for this smartphone noob will be greatly appreciated!

36 Comments

going off your wanted list the ip4 in white would be perfect for you mb

Original Poster

thanks porter...will look up deals on that and see if CPW will match it

You must be aware that you getting an Apple phone and your husband having an Android device will mean immediate divorce on grounds of irreconcilable differences. (_;)

I agree, White iPhone :).

Original Poster

Ungreat

You must be aware that you getting an Apple phone and your husband having … You must be aware that you getting an Apple phone and your husband having an Android device will mean immediate divorce on grounds of irreconcilable differences. (_;)

he has no clue how to use his phone......we will have to let our 7 year old explain it to him

Iphone 4 Got mine stole a while back, thought I could do without one anyway, bought a Blackberry, and now I am back to a white iphone 4, so no I cant do without one

Original Poster

ok its BLOODY expensive! how can so many people afford one?!

I stole my new one (Naa I didnt)

magicbeans

Buy one for pennies on a ridiculous pay monthly charge and then sell it on to some unsuspecting idiot who gets to use it for a couple of weeks before it's locked for missed payment.

Either that or sell it online then post them a house brick.

magicbeans

Because they are easily led into believing they must have one at all costs.

Original Poster

lolz at scam ideas on here....

i dont want to jailbreak it as i wana stay legal....so just want a nice shiny iphone in white...but looks like its gonna cost £42 a month for a year and then i can reduce tariff to £37 after till 24 month contract is up.....thats GAY!

im not paying that much i just cant justify it. think it'll have to be android

Android phones, HTC, Samsung are probably the best you will get.

Its easier to use than the Iphone and doesnt need unnecessary software etc. simple plug and play. Plus you can add more memory to it and you dont need to pay ££££££££££££££££ for a new charger or cables as they are standard(ish).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dJADu-l379Q/TNwgpJFX8zI/AAAAAAAAA3Y/-pRBqagB2Lw/s1600/android-eat-apple-decal.jpg
Edited by: "Rupz" 6th Jun 2011

Original Poster

thanks rupz. so the best android? easy to use one?

htc desire or desire S

samsung galaxy S or S2

htc sensation is the latest and flashiest (and most expensive)

i would go into a store and see which you like the look of.

magicbeans

thanks rupz. so the best android? easy to use one?

when it comes to academia im **** hot... when it comes to technology im ****. I found my HTC desire easy to use. Even you could use it.

Agree with above comment (DCX......) apple are too controlling. soon you wont be able to go for a wee without your phone sending an email to Steve Jobs for permission.

Best phone is either HTC Desire Samsung Galaxy S2.............honestly i would go for the S2 as its new, you can show off to your hubby cos your phone is faster than his and if you do decide its too high tech for you you will get a good price for it on fleabay

Edited by: "Rupz" 6th Jun 2011

Grab a Samsung Galaxy (im using the S not the S2) best phone I've ever had with multitude of options also bought the wife one paying £24ish a month for it 24m contract (was pre s2 launch though)

Original Poster

wow thanks guys....ok will look at htc desire and galaxy samsung in store then compare prices online. lady from CPW is ringing me back on thurs

thanks

Original Poster

spoke to my mates and thy are like no no...u gotta get an iphone its the best way ...someone says they have orange for landline/broadband and phone (iphone) £30 a month (plus BT line rental)...thats an idea?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

No, basically anyone with an iPhone thinks its awesome as a way to … No, basically anyone with an iPhone thinks its awesome as a way to convince themselves they didn't make a bad purchase.Go Android and you won't regret it, iphones aren't good at all. Apple's announcement for the new iphone operating system included a few ideas they 'borrowed' from android, what does that tell you.

plus the fact that husband isnt happy with me getting one (high cost)..... but im fickle..... will google for the next few weeks. contract up on the 29th july so i got time

thanks

magicbeans

spoke to my mates and thy are like no no...u gotta get an iphone its the … spoke to my mates and thy are like no no...u gotta get an iphone its the best way ...someone says they have orange for landline/broadband and phone (iphone) £30 a month (plus BT line rental)...thats an idea?

Your friends are Idiots.

Android is the Better OS overall end of discussion.

HOWEVER

That being said iPhone is easier to use for those who struggle with the smartphones (you cant really do too much with it in terms of settings, but then again as a basic user you wouldnt want to)

But Iphones are really REALLY expensive for what they are. a Similar specced android phone will cost you half - just over half of an Iphone.

TBH iPhone is probably your best bet usability wise. However the HTC desire can do much more and is at a much cheaper price point.. it is just a tiny bit less user friendly.

Original Poster

i wana iphone but i think u guys are right.....its just not worth the 800-900 quid it 'll cost over 2 years...esp since hubby has san fransisco (£80) plus a £8 12month contract!

got a lot of mum friends....and they are sayign u can share photos and vids easier with those on iphone? but that might be because we are stupid and dont know better....

will look up the HTC desire. thought of teaming iphone up with giffgaff sim but a. will that work... b. still means shelling out on an iphone.... think i gotta stop being a kid and realise its something that is not justifable......

android FTW

I loved my iphone, but the screen broke very easily. The first 2 times hubby opened it up and repaired it, the 3rd time I think the glass mashed the insides too.

I now have an android and it's great and cheap.

Original Poster

no bluetooth...wow!

what phone do u have zannaz....need a sturdy one with 3 kids and butterfingers....dcx says the HTC is easy to use.

T Mobile Pulse mini, it's pretty cheap, but for a non techie mummy it takes a lot of abuse and if it does get broken/lost it'll easily be replaced.

what do you want the phone to do? The point that most make about jailbreaking etc really doesn't apply for non techies. Mine sends and receives emails, takes half decent photos, sends and receives the photos, has android app store to download games etc, internet. Oh it also makes phonecalls (_;)

I enjoyed my iPhone, till i lost it.

Then i got a Samsung Galaxy S, and now i much prefer it and can't see myself getting another iPhone.

Banned

Go into a shop. Ask to have a play with an iPhone 4 and Galaxy S2 and get them to show you the features. (iTunes is NOT) a feature.

Then enjoy your new Galaxy S2

Original Poster

haha.....i think i gotta allow the iphone..... and look at the ones suggested here

u guys are right will have to go into a shop as am clueless!

My wife loves her Galaxy S - and she is a technophobe!
I have the Desire HD, and I love that - the Sense UI is better for me than the one Samsung uses on the Galaxy S (touchwiz?)

Best thing is go and play with them - CPW may even be able to upgrade you in store and they will let you play with the phones. Desire is available in white as well iirc

Original Poster

thanks...think thats my best bet

Original Poster

i got a sony xperia play!!

went instore and saw some but didnt like any. my 4 yr old was like wow to the xperia and based on that (ie only phone with a slidy game thing) i was sold.....

got xperia on 24month contract for £25 a month
100min and 500text and 500mb
got £90 cash back so the first 18months work out as a £20 contract and then i can go back to phones4u to upgrade if i want
got £30 to pay for the last 2 months on my contract
got £30 for my battered sony ericsson

i know a lot of ppl will say thats quite crap but i did got to CPW and the o2 store and they said they wouldnt match that deal at all. so its not like i went yes straight away.

have gotta sit and work how to use the brick! kids love it!!

thanks for all ur help

oh yeah the samsung 2 was scary huge and htc wildfire looked ok but i like gimmicks and xperia has a big un!
Edited by: "magicbeans" 8th Jun 2011

Banned

I thought u wuz older than 14 MB! X)

Lol dcx do you get paid to hate on apple products?

Ok mb you got the phone but I would have said go to the shop to try it. Who gives a **** if someone wants to spend money on an iphone instead of android blah blah

(I'm b4 fanboy, I have a blackberry)

Original Poster

numpty i cant justify buying an iphone. ridonculous money!

guv its such a kid phone i agree!! its to shove in my kids faces when out an about. parenting skillz

Banned

magicbeans

numpty i cant justify buying an iphone. ridonculous money!guv its such a … numpty i cant justify buying an iphone. ridonculous money!guv its such a kid phone i agree!! its to shove in my kids faces when out an about. parenting skillz

Lol....... Give them a DS!

Was it just the size that put you off the S2? Have to say, my S looks small now, so you would have got used to it.

Oh well...have fun...

mb I LOVE your reaosn for choosing that phone. Not a clue if you've got a good deal or not as no phone guru here So long as the 4yo is happy and quiet though do you really care....

Original Poster

they both have DSi...spoilt kids.... but they are only allowed them here and there. defo dont have them when out.

zannaz i was kinda worried about posting my deal on here....ppl like to hurl abuse for poor bargaining skills!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?810
    3. Android pay set up610
    4. Best 4k tv's for gaming11

See more discussions