Smash Hits resurrected for Jackson

Smash Hits is to be revived for a one-off special to celebrate the life of Michael Jackson.

Former editor Barry McIlheney has been brought in to produce the 52-page issue of the well-loved teen pop mag, which was axed in 2006.

The magazine, which will go on sale on Tuesday, features a 1982 interview with the King of Pop which was carried out by then editor Mark Ellen.

It also features reports from Jackson's live shows, along with posters, song words and the story of Bubbles.

A compilation of archive Smash Hits features and interviews provided a novelty Christmas hit book when it was published in 2006.

"We will be paying tribute to Michael in classic Smash Hits style," said McIlheney, of the BauerMedia magazine.

I loved this mag when I was a teenager.

23 Comments

The media do like milking peoples death.

could be an investment

used to get smash hits everyweek when i was a teenager for all the latest song lyrics :whistling:
thanks for the headsup :thumbsup:

everyone now cashing in on jackos death..

They're always Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

Original Poster

cheerleader;5665919

used to get smash hits everyweek when i was a teenager for all the latest … used to get smash hits everyweek when i was a teenager for all the latest song lyrics :whistling:thanks for the headsup :thumbsup:

I remember doing the same thing.
did you get the sticker book?

Never heard of it :oops:

Original Poster

chesso;5665989

Never heard of it :oops:

Was a great mag
en.wikipedia.org/wik…its

macdoona;5665981

I remember doing the same thing. did you get the sticker book?

of course :oops:

[COLOR="Red"]Good business sense, that.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

cheerleader;5666270

of course :oops:

me too :oops: couldn't wait till i got the next set of stickers, very sad

how much will it cost?

cheerleader;5665919

used to get smash hits everyweek when i was a teenager for all the latest … used to get smash hits everyweek when i was a teenager for all the latest song lyrics :whistling:thanks for the headsup :thumbsup:

Me too... Brilliant Mag for it's time.... FFS 25 years back lol

maxmix

I must have been 2 at the time

anyone bought this yet? :?
where's the best place to get it? thanks

Original Poster

cheerleader;5682767

anyone bought this yet? :?where's the best place to get it? thanks

Not bought it yet but, I would think somewhere like WH smiths would have it in stock.

macdoona;5687459

Not bought it yet but, I would think somewhere like WH smiths would have … Not bought it yet but, I would think somewhere like WH smiths would have it in stock.

will try whsmiths tomorrow then :thumbsup: went to asda today & they didn't have it in there :-(

MarzBarz;5666338

how much will it cost?

£2.99 :thumbsup:

anyone get a copy ?

choc1969;5698497

anyone get a copy ?

i just popped into tesco & got one :thumbsup:
it was above the newspapers stand :thumbsup:

Banned

poor choice of words using resurrected and jackson in the same title

Original Poster

I got one in Morrisons.

csimnan i just copied the mags header and didn't think anything of it at the time.

Banned

macdoona;5702177

I got one in Morrisons.csimnan i just copied the mags header and didn't … I got one in Morrisons.csimnan i just copied the mags header and didn't think anything of it at the time.

I was only kidding - we dont want the big MJ fans getting over-excited from reading the title quickly :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846125
    2. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam33
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2077
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764100

See more discussions