Smashed iPhone XR

Posted 18th Mar
Yet again my daughter has broke the screen on her XR. Third time. This time it’s well and truly broke front and back. However still rings so it’s just a matter of replacing screens.
I’m sick of paying out to be honest it’s become very expensive. I’m gonna downgrade her phone(money off this sale will be used to purchase other phone)
Want to know if it’s ok to sell on eBay see loads of horror stories about selling phones however for this it seems the best platform? Will we get ripped off
Also her iCloud is still all logged on how will I sign it all out ? Through find my iPhone maybe ?
Thanks x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Regarding the iCloud, you can remove it with another device by logging into iCloud on the second device and removing the old (broken) device which is found in settings
Edited by: "-Will-" 18th Mar
-Will-18/03/2020 20:29

Regarding the iCloud, you can remove it with another device by logging …Regarding the iCloud, you can remove it with another device by logging into iCloud on the second device and removing the old (broken) device which is found in settings

Thanks. Do you reckon I should only do this once money received and feedback left ? I just see so many rip off stories with eBay. Even smashed I can probably get around £150 for it so it’s still a fair bit of money to lose x
parisp18/03/2020 20:31

Thanks. Do you reckon I should only do this once money received and …Thanks. Do you reckon I should only do this once money received and feedback left ? I just see so many rip off stories with eBay. Even smashed I can probably get around £150 for it so it’s still a fair bit of money to lose x

It’s up to you on that but I never rely on people leaving feedback as some just wont do so.
It’s extra protection on you side I suppose as it would be an iCloud locked paperweight to them if they were to attempt a scam so could be a good idea
-Will-18/03/2020 20:34

It’s up to you on that but I never rely on people leaving feedback as some …It’s up to you on that but I never rely on people leaving feedback as some just wont do so. It’s extra protection on you side I suppose as it would be an iCloud locked paperweight to them if they were to attempt a scam so could be a good idea

Yes this is what I thought. I could probably go into a few phone shops tomorrow to see what they will offer me before I try eBay. Thanks for the help xx
You should make them pay for the repairs. Makes them more careful in future. I wouldn’t sell on eBay though, use fb marketplace at £120 and someone will nite I’m sure. I’ve known sellers have to issue refunds because scammers ring PayPal and tell them the phone is blocked or not as described. PayPal 99% of the time will side with the buyer and not the seller
sdoherty100018/03/2020 20:38

You should make them pay for the repairs. Makes them more careful in …You should make them pay for the repairs. Makes them more careful in future. I wouldn’t sell on eBay though, use fb marketplace at £120 and someone will nite I’m sure. I’ve known sellers have to issue refunds because scammers ring PayPal and tell them the phone is blocked or not as described. PayPal 99% of the time will side with the buyer and not the seller

She is so ungrateful! She’s currently paying for it in the sense she’s had no phone for a few days and will be having a cheaper model until she learns to respect stuff. I’ve just looked on sphock same phone was on for £150 sold for £120 so you’re about right. Gonna put it on there first and see what happens. I am so wary of eBay and PayPal only protecting buyers. Thanks xx
Maybe get the front screen repaired, stick a glass protector on it and then a case for the back. That is unless the back is flaking off the glass/plastic
Brabus_Duddy18/03/2020 21:18

Maybe get the front screen repaired, stick a glass protector on it and …Maybe get the front screen repaired, stick a glass protector on it and then a case for the back. That is unless the back is flaking off the glass/plastic

This would be the third time. It’s not cheap. Ive paid £130 for the front screen TWICE! Kids!!! She doesn’t deserve a descent phone. I’m just gonna sell it as spares someone who knows how to repair them will get themselves a nice cheap phone! X
parisp18/03/2020 21:21

This would be the third time. It’s not cheap. Ive paid £130 for the front s …This would be the third time. It’s not cheap. Ive paid £130 for the front screen TWICE! Kids!!! She doesn’t deserve a descent phone. I’m just gonna sell it as spares someone who knows how to repair them will get themselves a nice cheap phone! X

I’d have it as an upgrade from my iPhone 8plus but as you say to replace the front and back it would cost around £300 for a decent job (including the seals for the IP rating).

I hope you manage to sort it all out and get her a Nokia 3310
Try other selling platforms like schpock gumtree etc. Cash in hand and no fees to pay.
Only accept cash.
Sell on market place or a site what you get cash for it...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants