smashed phone screen

Found 6th Mar
I have a Xiaomi Note 4X, which is less than 1 year old, bought via Aliexpress. Dropped it and (very unfortunately) hit between the glass protector and the actual screen, the phone screen smashed (but the phone works just fine)
Any way to have it repaired? Looked on youtube - toothpaste, oil, windshield repair... none really work.
1. Is there a cheap way to DIY?
2. any shop can do Xiaomi (at reasonable price)?
Many thanks2905027-i90EO.jpg
Community Updates
AskPhones
10 Comments
ifixit repair guide

Watch the video, if you feel confident you could do it yourself, if your slow and careful.

Replacement screens can be bought of eBay, I’d recommend buying the more expensive one with the full housing on it.

Also worth getting the tools, they can be cheap and make the work so much easier.

Good luck!
Edited by: "RadiantDuck" 7th Mar
Screens are cheap for about £20, should be plenty of guides to fix it.
I was going to say, you have taken the protector off haven't you? The number of times I've seen people say they have smashed their phones and it's fine under the protector. But it does look like there are cracks round the edge
Original Poster
seen on ebay - is the 'frame' needed? or just the 'DigitizerTouch Screen + LCD Display' would do?
Original Poster
Unfortunately, the film is off - in fact the film seems okay but the screen.....
HotDealAlert4 h, 52 m ago

seen on ebay - is the 'frame' needed? or just the 'DigitizerTouch Screen + …seen on ebay - is the 'frame' needed? or just the 'DigitizerTouch Screen + LCD Display' would do?

I think the screens with the frame will make your life much much easier, especially if it’s your first time attempting to fix a phone.
Original Poster
sorry for the ignorant - first time breaking a phone

the exact model I have is (3GB/32GB):
aliexpress.com/ite…a27

would one of these be suitable (stated 4GB/64GB)?
ebay.co.uk/itm…SRr

Or could any of you help me with a link? Thanks
Original Poster
can anyone help? of course I am not going to hold anyone responsible if it was not right
Should be fine, both are the snapdragon version.
Original Poster
dcx_badass1 h, 59 m ago

Should be fine, both are the snapdragon version.

Thank you, I will give this one a go. You always are helpful here.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants