Groups

smashed screen huawei p8

I dropped my p8 yesterday and the lcd is smashed but the digitizer seems intact as the screen is still responsive. I have called a few phone repair shops in Belfast but none of them repair Huawei phones. Has anyone had one replaced (if so how much did it cost) or did a diy job themselves? Huawei said it would cost £130 but given that it cost £150 in the cpw deal last year I would be minded to get a new one. Possibly either refurbished or a Chinese phone. Any suggestions for around £100? Looking similar spec with good camera.

Thanks

11 Comments

If the phone is working ok other than cracked screen, I would ask myself 'Would I pay £130 for this phone second hand?'.
    It obviously works satisfactorily, if you buy second-hand you could end up with someone else's problems (a high percentage of pre-owned phones are sold because they have issues). If you buy cheap, new Chinese, it can be a lottery what you get.
    I would bite the bullet and get it repaired. If you decide you want a new phone in six months you can sell it and recoup half the cost.

as above - get it repaired or even try to repair yourself

some vids on YouTube showing in great detail how to do it and screens on eBay for about £25

EliTom

I've got a p9 lite here, locked to Vodafone but new, not sealed box tho.

If your thinking of buying a new phone, you've got nothing to lose by trying to repair it yourself.
    There are countless guides on youtube on how to replace phone screens.

Youtube video guide

Ebay Replacement Screen £10.99

For £10.99, i'd say have a go at doing it.

118luke

If your thinking of buying a new phone, you've got nothing to lose by … If your thinking of buying a new phone, you've got nothing to lose by trying to repair it yourself.There are countless guides on youtube on how to replace phone screens.Youtube video guideEbay Replacement Screen £10.99For £10.99, i'd say have a go at doing it.

thats for the glass only - the separation of the LCD and digitizer is not easy - I have tried

much better to get the assembly for circa £25 - eg eBay item number:282316127936

EliTom

Seconded elitom do not even bother attempting to separate the lcd and digitiser if they are one unit.

Original Poster

gadger100

How much would you sell the p9 lite for?

mod

gadger100

gadger100

I've got a p9 lite here, locked to Vodafone but new, not sealed box … I've got a p9 lite here, locked to Vodafone but new, not sealed box tho.

If you are looking to buy / sell you need to start a thread in FS and not trade in Ask. Thanks

Original Poster

Cheers for the replies folks. Saw that the p9 is for sale at ee for 129 so the cost of diy repair and a new p9 would be about the same price as Huawei repairing the p8. Any views on how the p9 lite compare to p8

The p9 lite is a good phone, 16gb internal memory, 3gb ram, HD screen. Look at reviews..

andywedge

If you are looking to buy / sell you need to start a thread in FS and not … If you are looking to buy / sell you need to start a thread in FS and not trade in Ask. Thanks

​I take it I can't answer as the above won't let me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky Store £2 Voucher22
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767262
      3. word association Game73944483
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424314490

See more discussions