Groups

smell a rat on a ebay sale

just sold a phone, nothing special just a cheap sony ericsson that was used in an emergency, the guy is asking for me to send it to his works address and wants it sent asap he needs it for thursday, the seller has had no ebay activity for a while, his english is poor and his ebay name seem possibly more suited to a girl, if i send this and it turns out to be a fraudster, will i loose the phone and the money

11 Comments

Send it recorded and take a photo of it working, and the imei number

Original Poster

i am sending it recorded, just checked his address and it is confirmed on paypal

Only send it to the paypal address.

if you are worried at all about the sale just make sure you abide by all the ebay rules then you will be fully protected.only send it to the address his ebay/paypal is authorised by.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7649720

Only send it to the paypal address.

his paypal address is the same

Original Poster

lindauk;7649709

Send it recorded and take a photo of it working, and the imei number

already have a photo and will note the imei number

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7649732

NONONO only send it to the address on the paypal invoice, you are right … NONONO only send it to the address on the paypal invoice, you are right to smell a rat.Edit it is, does it say verifeid? Covered by seller protection.

it says confirmed, so it should be okay?

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7649768

If the address is verified on the paypal transaction and matches and says … If the address is verified on the paypal transaction and matches and says covered, then you will be ok if you have pics and imei etc.If it was for over £150 send special, how much did it go for btw?

only £30, i just didnt want to be scammed

Banned

solarforce;7649785

only £30, i just didnt want to be scammed

As long as when you log in it pp and look at the invoice and it says confirmed and that you are covered you will be covered, for INR.

Original Poster

cheers everybody

tinkerbell28;7649768

If the address is verified on the paypal transaction and matches and says … If the address is verified on the paypal transaction and matches and says covered, then you will be ok if you have pics and imei etc.If it was for over £150 send special, how much did it go for btw?

£39 I think, not £150!!!

Watch they don't send you back a different phone, take photos of imei with your username on a piece of paper.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow610
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2048
      3. word association Game73944533
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927371

See more discussions